1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SUMMER NEWS 2018

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Summer news...retained, released and contract offers etc.

What do we know at present....these players are already under contract for 2018/19... so we are told.

Present Squad list.

Keepers
    Michael Cooper

Defenders
    Ryan Edwards

Midfielders
    Lionel Ainsworth
    Graham Carey
    Ruben Lameiras
    Gregg Wylde

Strikers
    None at present....Contract offer to Ryan Taylor

Professional contracts offered to....
    Alex Battle
    Dan Rooney
    Harry Hodges
    Luke Jephcott
    Ryan Law
    Cameron Sangster.

Adams has probably offering some other players new contracts for next season...but I haven't heard anything.

All players are officially still Argyle players until the end of June, and have already been told by Derek Adams if they are being retained or released or being offered new contracts.....we can think of a few players who we hope will take up new contracts....but it sounds as if some first teamers will be moving on for various reasons.....more money, relocate nearer families or try their luck elsewhere, many reasons.....some who are on the retained list might still be poached for a fee etc.

Other news.....July training camp in Delden, Holland.

Thursday 21st June 2018 at 9am...league One fixtures are published.

Saturday 4th August 2018...League One season starts.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Some good news already....

Ryan Taylor and Antoni Sarcevic have both agreed new contracts today (Tues 8th May) extending their contracts by two years.

Also we have been told that PAFC will announce its lists of players who they have retained and of those they will release... on Wednesday morning.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams has said that he wants Paul Wotton to become Assistant Manager and Kevin Nancekivell to become first team coach.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some good news then. Pleased with Sarcevic and Taylor signings.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Taylor tweeted "Why would I want to play anywhere else?" back when there was interest in him in the January transfer window. Glad to see he's still of that mind.

Sarcevic says "I love this club" nearly every week and described it as "unbelievable" yesterday.

For all his dour Scots demeanour, Adams obviously runs a happy ship!

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The £5million redevelopment has now become £6million....because they have decided to renew the roof and it will be extended by about 4 metres at the front.
    The contractor will be GL Events UK and they will be signed up by mid-June on a fixed price contract.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams has ruled out any return for Moses Makasi....his knee op will take most of the summer to mend properly and he will miss all pre-season training where ever he is.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Retained list will be announced at 11am.....damn I'll be out and about by then....so will have to wait till about 5pm to find out who is staying and who is going.

9. notDistantGreen

RETAINED LIST
    Under contract:
    Lionel Ainsworth, Graham Carey, Michael Cooper, Ryan Edwards, Joel Grant, Ruben Lamieras, Jamie Ness, Antoni Sarcevic, Ryan Taylor, Gregg Wylde.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Alex Battle, Jordan Bentley, Sonny Bradley, Alex Fletcher, David Fox, Kyle Letheren, Dan Rooney, Gary Sawyer, Yann Songo'o, Oscar Threlkeld.

Out of contract, released: Nathan Blissett, Simon Church, Luke McCormick, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Callum Rose, Aaron Taylor, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Robbert te Loeke.

Loan expired: Moses Makasi, Remi Matthews, Zak Vyner.

Apprentices offered professional contract: Harry Hodges, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Law, Cameron Sangster.

Apprentices released: Billy Craske, Elliott Crawford, Harry Downing, Matt Ward

Disappointed
    Concerned
    Surprised
    Relieved

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

No great surprises in those lists.....a few disappointed that Aaron Taylor-Sinclair has not been offered another contract.

RETAINED LIST.
    Those under contract for next season includes Lionel Ainsworth and Gregg Wylde ....not sure Adams will have room for these two in his plans....maybe go out on loan or will he pay them off to leave....don't no if as a club we can afford to do that.

OUT OF CONTRACT, OFFERED NEW CONTRACTS.
    I can't see Gary Sawyer saying no at his age.
    Yann Songo'o will probably accept as well I would think.
    Kyle Letheren also I feel will stay, unless he knows that he will only be No2 to a new signing.
    Sonny Bradley, David Fox and Oscar Threlkeld might be harder to get to sign....not sure how well Threlkeld gets on with Adams these days.
    Bradley and Fox might be home sick for the north....I'd be surprised if we kept both and we could lose both....I think Bradley might attract offers.

OUT OF CONTRACT, RELEASED.
    Just Aaron Taylor-Sinclair with a slight question mark against.
    Simon Church has already retired because of his dodgy hip.
    Gary Miller (played quite well Saturday) has been released by Adams who has been around with him for quite a few years.

Of course those on our retained list might be enticed away with better offers, and that is life of course, but we need to make sure we get the going rate and not anything less.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Already rumours about Sonny Bradley....that Bolton Wanderers are still interested in him....also Rangers and Hearts north of the border might also be.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Even Derek Adams being linked to the vacancies at WBA and Ipswich......it's going to be a long summer.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Thought Taylor-Sinclair would be offered a renewal. Not shocked at the rest of them even Songo'o. Think Fox will go but no so sure about Bradley leaving. Threkald is an either way for me. Not sure if he will stay or go. Would like him to stay personally.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Changing the subject.....Just read an article on my old buddy Bradley Wright-Phillips.....you know the goal machine with only one good leg....When we went into admin...we gave him away for peanuts....failed a medical for Reading.....overlooked the fact that he was scoring goals for fun....went to Charlton and kept banging them in......well he went to New York Red Bulls in 2013 and has taken America by storm....he has so far scored 108 goals for them....and won the Leagues Golden Boot twice....if he could only get that dodgy leg put right....he would be some player.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Read that a while ago. Good to see old sick note is thriving.

16. notDistantGreen

Just by the way, I saw Derek Adams on Tuesday morning, resplendent in his Argyle tracksuit and trainers. He was on his way down to Mutley from the Hyde Park end, probably popping in to one of the (now non existent) banks to draw out the new season's transfer fund.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle have lined up two pre-season friendlies.

Away at Torquay on Tues 17th July at 7-30pm.
    Away at Yeovil on Sat 21st July at 3pm.

18. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Hearts after Bradley then....surely DA will talk him out of it. Will be like stepping down a league according to Adams last year?

19. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

He would have had to use the post office ? i suppose that will soon be gone also.. You are ok if you want a haircut or a coffee :emoticon-0147-emo:

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Another friendly arranged.....away at Bideford Wed July 18th at 7-30 pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.