1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Summer News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people out there. BC might be one of them. I'd just say typical of the football bosses and stuff supporters..

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people out there. BC might be one of them. I'd just say typical of the football bosses and stuff supporters..

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Why does my machine go into stutter mode every now and again. Drives me mad.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The clubs CAN sell subscriptions to overseas viewers, just not to those in England (or is it the UK?).

To avoid disappointment, please note the Club's comment that some of the content which has been available on the new website will NOT be available without a subscription once the season starts, or will be available 24 or 48 hours later.

That's not dissimilar to IFollow and of course the Club is there to earn the money to play football to please the fans, so it's not just rampant greed. I am a little surprised that season ticket holders don't get a subscription thrown in although (or perhaps because) the main benefit, watching home games live on 4 cameras, is of no use to them.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So we only have to wait until the 7th of August for our first League game at Rotherham......10 days away.

Ryan Lowe has brought in seven new players and those came early in the transfer window......unfortunately two are at present sidelined......Callum Burton is our sub Keeper and James Bolton unfortunately picked up an ankle injury early in pre-season training.

Lowe is saying that he is happy with his squad at the moment even if there are no more incomings before the seasons start.....although he is saying that he might bring in two more players although nothing is advanced in negotiations.

So our first team squad will surely depend on these 18 players.....Michael Cooper, James Wilson, Dan Scarr, Macaulay Gillesphey, Brendan Galloway (Jan ?), Joe Edwards, Conor Grant, Panutche Camara, Jordan Houghton, Danny Mayor, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Hardie, Niall Ennis, Callum Burton, James Burton, Ryan Law, Adan Randell. George Cooper (when fit ?)

Also..... available.....Brandon Pursall, Ollie Tomlinson, Angel Waruih, Finley Craske, Ethan Mitchell, Rhys Shirley.

Hopefully Ryan Lowe is looking for an attacking mid-fielder and another striker.....when he mentions possibly another two players......these might be loans.....but experience please not other clubs youngsters learning their trade ar our expense.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We have a new Broom.................no he isn't a sweeper. Midfield loan from Peterborough for season.

7. notDistantGreen

We're getting there!

8. notDistantGreen

First enquiry was made in May apparently so not an impulse signing.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well there's a mid-fielder....Ryan Broom 24 year old Welshman.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Prediction League 2021/22.

Only a week away.....is anyone going to volunteer to do it.....I filled the gap last year and said at the end ....."that I doubt that I would do it again".

Whoever takes it on can set their own rules of how they do it.....as easy or as complicated as they like.....anyone up for it ?

11. notDistantGreen

12. notDistantGreen

I'm an unhappy bunny.

First Saturday: away
    Second Saturday: home. I have a family wedding.
    Third Saturday: away

Great timing.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So no streaming of matches anymore....EFL have gone back to pre-Covid days.

BUT.....BC your ok because you live outside of the UK and you shoukld be able to watch games.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

15. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Yes, i'm paid up for the season with Argyle TV

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well if you are the only one of us watching away games BC then I expect a full match run down on each occasion.

On a more serious note I think the EFL are missing a trick not showing matches to away fans. It would generate a shed load of cash over a season even if the EFL took a percentage..

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I must of given £300/£400 through ifollow to watch games last season.....which won't happen this season.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That is exactly my point. I would estimate that several thousand would watch away matches and an equal number of absent fans would watch home games and add to the away matches in a number of locations. I think this is a case of the EFL stamping it's foot and not allowing anyone else a piece of their pie.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm not interested in buy Argyle TV....which will allow me to watch the whole game at a later time.....who wants to watch a game that you know the result of....especially if you lose.....what sort of sadist wants to watch a 5-0 drubbing.......the EFL of course have Sky money in their bank account.....exiled fans dont matter.....only if you live outside of the UK can you get free of their grabbing hands.

20. notDistantGreen

I think you'll find the £45 annual subscription will include a lot of the video interviews and so on, which will no longer be free-to-air. If it was someone else I might not do it, but as it's Argyle, I know the money is going to a good cause. I probably will subscribe (and buy a Flexi ticket).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.