1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Rumours

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Two rumours that I have heard.

1).....Hemmings could be on the way back........Wolves have to cut their players wages drastically.

2).....Bournemouth have acquired a big striker...ten years younger than Fletcher........possible that he could come back to PAFC as a player/coach.

Have you heard anything on the grape-vine.......share it with us.

2. GreenArmy

GreenArmy Member

Hemmings has been released already and there was a story saying he wouldn't be coming back. unfortunately. Would expect fetcher to stay at Bournemouth is some
    Capacity, think he's spent the whole of his career there. Would like a new winger and keeper I recon; cole is good but an injury would put us in the @)!t very quickly.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not heard either rumour plym but lets face it you can never say never. I'm a little unsure about Hemmings though. Very much an in and out player who when he is good he is very very good but when he isn't on song then he is rubbish. He looks like he "could" be good if he tried a bit harder. As for Fletcher well I'm not sure what he could bring to the party now. Decent enough effort from him last term when it was backs to the wall but surely too old to be something to invest in. Have no idea what his coaching credentials would be.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just for interest.........Dan Gosling is supposed to be on Blackburn Rovers summer wish list.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Izale McCleod released by Barnet......is supposed to be talking to quite a few clubs.......is one of them Argyle ???

6. GreenArmy

GreenArmy Member

Saw we are speaking with James spray, a teenage striker released by wolves and John akinde - the latter having plenty of lower league experience.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If you read the football sites it seems we are speaking to almost everyone out of contract and Plymouth Argyle crop up in mentions quite a lot apparently.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1st of July and Cowan-Hall has signed for Argyle.....no rumour fact.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Luke Summerfield having refused a new contract at Cheltenham....has joined newly promoted Div 1 side Shrewsbury.

Also N'Gala has been snapped up by Stevenage....just needs to sign.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Reluctant signer Robbie Williams......has decided that he loves playing for Argyle.......and sees them as a top seven side....and having a strong squad...needing a couple of signings.....nice to know you like it here Robbie........why is your home still in Yorkshire then ?

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Summerfield was never going to come back here if we are honest. I remember plenty giving him stick previously and I'm sure he does. Probably still has a soft spot for Argyle but to resign for them is a stretch too far. Pity because in this league I think he is a very good player. N'Gala was never going to come back either. More to the point we don't really need too many ex players of ours to come back. We need fresh blood to enthuse the masses rather than old boys. I don't think there is room for many more on our books and I wouldn't be surprised if any more are loanees.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hemmings goes to Walsall..........and Preston cancel Tsoumou's contract.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yes well Ridsdale tried to get us to buy him and I'm glad we didn't. Not sorry about Hemmings either. Looked good in a couple of games but one of those who only does it in flashes. Neither of them for us and quite right too.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ex Argyle loanee Will Atkinson has left Hull for Bradford.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rumour that Argyle have been showing interest in Alan Connell 29yr old striker,who Swindon have transfer listed....scored 11 goals last season......signs that Di Canio wants to up grade his strikers now that they are in Div 1.

Seems thar Stevenage and S****horpe are showing interest as well......has been at Swindon since July 2011.....previous clubs........Ipswich,Bournemouth,Torquay,Hereford and Grimsby where he did quite well (non-league).

PS.....My safe search will not spell S****horpe....political correctness gone mad.

16. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Just remember somebody somewhere has the job of writing the list of things you can't type and can't look at on the internet.

Every now and then I come across things that I think are completely innocent [no, really] but somebody else has blocked for reasons I can't fathom. Have I led a particularly sheltered life? Is there some qualification in advanced perversion that those guys have to take? If so, can we see the syllabus?

17. GreenArmy

GreenArmy Member

Signed Jamie Lowry today, over 100 appearances for chesterfield and was part of crewe's team this year. Versatile midfielder who can also play at right back which is obviously a set of positions that we needed competition with Walton gone and only one natural right back. Good signing hopefully.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

S****horpe......just in my opinion a place to drive straight past........but safe search turns it into a problem by blanking out four letters........ that fall in sequence to spell a four letter word.....I had never noticed the significance until safe search emphasized it to me........so I started playing around with other words to try and catch safe search out.......and there are some words that it fails to block......and once you have bypassed it you have no safe search for those web pages.....totally ridiculous.

Well S****horpe has crossed my path once.........whilst doing my National Service trade training at nearby RAF Kirton Lynsey......we were sent into the aforementioned town to have our passport pictures taken......a group of us had already been given our posting to Aden.

It just happened that S****horpe were playing in the 3rd round of the FA Cup........and Stanley Matthews was playing for...... was it still Blackpool or had he gone back to Stoke.....I cannot be sure without looking it up.......this would have been Jan 1961........so we popped along and saw the great man for the only time in the flesh......he still scared the daylights out of the opposition with his little twenty yard jinks along the touchline.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Favourite position central mid-field........but can play anywhere across the middle or full back........so watch it Wotton.........when on loan at Crewe they wanted to extend his stay.........if he can be an attacking mid-fielder he might be useful.........but we need strikers please.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

But we also needed a midfielder now that Walton has gone so fair enough. Believe he is a local lad from Cornwall but a bit prone to injury. Maybe a bit of a risk but hey ho.