1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Rumours

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thats right excruciate ligament......takes awhile to put it behind you....couple of years now.....we'll have to wait and see sensible.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bradford sign Connell unfortunately not a rumour.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

32 year old Rhys Griffiths....seven times Welsh League golden boot winner..... is at present on trial at Home Park and will play against Truro on Tuesday evening.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bad boy Joey Barton.....left at home, while QPR go on tour.........will keep fit by training with giants Fleetwood whilst seeing out his long ban.
    There is even talk that Fleetwood will try to get him on loan up to Christmas.........stranger things have happened !!!

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Carl Fletcher has decided not to take any further interest in Spanish trialist Alejandro Perez Jimenez.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I find the Jimenez situation strange........after his efforts on Saturday in defence and later in mid-field........the general opinion was that the......"lad did alright"......but Fletcher off-loads him without anymore interest shown.....just surprising personally I find.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You talking to yourself again plym? It says to me that we are just looking for somebody who is really cheap rather than quality. No idea what this Spaniard was like so maybe that is just unfair.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So Griffiths goes back to his day job.........it does seem that Argyle will be talking to him in regards to a contract.

His day job ?......he is a fireman.........the perfect signing then..........firefighting in recent seasons has been a major job at Home Park he'll fit in well playing fo rPAFC.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Andres Gurrieri trialing again at Home Park having been released by Boston in the summer.......Reid couldn't afford him last year because of administration.....it's possible he might play againsts Weston-s-M tonight.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Also on trial (so said Griffiths) is Welshman Matt Crowell 28yrs old, spent five years at Wrexham and been at plenty of other clubs as well.......promising career when young but failed to break through.

At present with Spanish lower league team CD Ourense.....been involved with non-league football, plays mid-field.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Most sources have said that Rhys Griffiths has signed for Argyle.......strange that PAFC have not confirmed that at present on the official site ?

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Wolves winger Johnny Gorman signed for six months.........just need someone in the centre to score the goals that are two new wingers will provide.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Pub Quiz question......who has played nine times at full international level...but has never started for any league club.....subbed once only.....answer...Johnny Gorman.

Sounds of desperation.......can we not find players who have league experience.......we are supposed to be a big club in Div 2.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Oh dear Mrs LaLa.........Gorman spent six years at Man U........and actually started as a youngster at the dreaded Man C........and as only subbed once for his parent club Wolves once.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Joey Barton not going to Fleetwood anymore........thank goodness for that......we don't need morons like him prancing about in Div 2.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If I was QPR I'd put him in a cupboard for 6 months instead.

17. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

So maybe the odd loanie coming in but that looks like our lot for the summer. Hardly the most exciting or inspiring closed season but from comments coming out I think they have stuck to the budget and wage structure and got what we could.
    Griffiths is an interesting signing, could be genius for a season or 2 who knows. A few of the signings are attacking, but unproven, which was the main area we had to improve and unfortunately the most expensive to get players with form for. I wonder if a few players we have gone after are wary of joining the club after the financial issues we had. A few clubs who exited administration over the last few years have been having money issues again which must make players think, well their agents at least.
    Personally think it needs a couple of seasons to get everything back on the level and then move on. Still with Postman Pat, FV, songsheets and the odd murial or two who can tell..........

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It has been totally underwhelming mexijan. I know we weren't expecting the earth to move on the transfer front but to be honest I expected better than we appear to have. I say appear to have because as you rightly say they could all turn out to be genius buys. I'm not expecting great things from Argyle this season. I do expect them not to struggle however and that in itself will make a change.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The rumour that Conor Clifford was being loaned to Portsmouth has been confirmed !!!

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Yannick Bolasie has handed in a written transfer request........is there a chance that Argyle might be interested ?