1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Washysafc, May 25, 2021.

1. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

I do agree with this. I'm not so worried about lack of signings. More just worried that it appears we have indeed been missing out on quite a few players. I had hoped our lack of signings was due to waiting for the right players, rather than missing out on the right ones and moving to the "next right" ones.

I completely agree with the logic and the sentiment behind the approach.

samwise_new likes this.
  2. Prehab26

Prehab26 Well-Known Member

This is absolutely correct.

3. Southern A

Yes absolutely.

I was more concerned about the view that we are missing out on our targets and are making our way down our lists. Does that ring true? I had thought we were choosing to be patient to get our top targets, not being patient because our top targets hadn't come off. If you see the difference?

4. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

We’ll soon see about that… I hope you’re right.

Wheatsheaf likes this.
  5. Prehab26

Prehab26 Well-Known Member

Depends on who you are listening too and if you take public perception out of the equation. Of course we have missed out on a couple, but I'd rather that then getting into another financial cluster feck. I mean legacy losses are going to come creeping back up but it's all planned for. KLD and.his advisors are not going to ignore the plan. Won't happen.

Iain, Young Ted, Robertson and 11 others like this.
  6. Jme

Jme Well-Known Member

The club has been run by amateurs for many years lead by emotion , i'm more than happy to give these people time to turn around the mess that they inherited.

Iain, Young Ted, Robertson and 7 others like this.
  7. ChunkFTM

ChunkFTM Well-Known Member

I don’t know a great deal on the subject but surely we’d be better off financially getting out of this division this season rather than not being able to field a proper starting 11 with 2 weeks to go before the season. I get that we need to be patient but the squad at present is nothing short of a joke and we have a lot of work to do in a short space of time then on top of that hope the signings gel within a few weeks. Why on earth has Tony Gallacher took so long to sign. He’s not even part of Liverpool’s senior squad. The stagnant market excuse doesn’t cut it.

8. Southern A

Just a flippant point here - but you don't need to field a proper starting 11 two weeks before the season.

I'm confident we will have a proper starting 11 for the Wigan game. Considering Gallacher looks certain to join and Winchester has looked decent at right back and indeed used to be a right back. O'Nien can play there as well.

Dorset likes this.
  9. LD19SAFC

Absolutely bang on. Is it any wonder some supporters are concerned? We’re ****ing sick of this **** league. Must get promotion this season but some seem happy the way things currently are <doh>

Whiteleas Wanderer likes this.
  10. Southern A

You're making yourself look pretty daft with all these comments saying people are happy with it. Nobody is happy with it.

11. Wheatsheaf

Wheatsheaf Well-Known Member

For example..what happens if Tony Gallacher was not the first or second choice..we've been made to wait for weeks if not longer negotiating with others to be let down..then we work our way through the recruitment list for the next target..transfers and the decisions take time.

Young Ted, SAFC2403, Dorset and 3 others like this.
  12. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

aye i see that, but personally i am sticking with the fact that apart from a few click bait reports there is little to any solid evidence that we have indeed lost out on some targets, even less to suggest we are not offering the wages/conditions others are.

having to relocate for what could be a one year contract could be a massive deciding factor, it could even persuade a player to stick 'local' and take a slight wage drop...unfortunately we will never get a 'full report' of the goings on behind the scenes so it really is all speculation and a little hear-say, there may well be an element of truth in there but without the full facts i prefer to stick with the 'nah, it is just rumours' approach ;)

smithy in nl likes this.
  13. ChunkFTM

They arent right backs tho, square pegs in round holes. You should at least be somewhere near 2 weeks before. Tonight’s game and the Hull game should be dress rehearsals.

14. Southern A

Yeh I was only going off @Wheatsheaf 's post that we have missed out on lots of players and are making our way down our lists.

samwise_new likes this.
  15. Southern A

Should be, yes. Doesn't mean they have to be though does it. I'd still rather we signed Key in 3 weeks than re-signed Conor McLaughlin as he's ready to go against Hull on Friday

Robertson and ChunkFTM like this.
  16. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

truth is, we wont get every one we want and there are many factors that decide that, i like to think we are working 'along' the list rather than 'down' the list.

17. Southern A

That's a positive spin that I'm definitely going to stick to :D

samwise_new likes this.
  18. Mackem 10.1

Mackem 10.1 Well-Known Member

Who says we are missing out on our targets apart from mmedia rumours. Nobody knows who our targets are

19. ChunkFTM

I’m just concerned as to why ours are taking so long. We have literally made 3 signings in a transfer window that needed to be a complete overhaul.

Nozs’ Hat likes this.
  20. LD19SAFC

Ipswich confirm the signing of Conor Chaplin.