1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Washysafc, May 25, 2021.

1. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

jeezus, where did that come from?

IF he is holding up progress then i am sure the club can and will support him if it is something 'outside' of football, but holding his place when in dire need of a replacement is not a good move, either from a business or football sense...the only reason i can see are that he is cheap and the club know they will save a lot on wages with him but even then we need a reliable back up at least as his injury record is not great.

2. Not at all.....it's business man,happens all the time.

3. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

It was extreme. But I just keep seeing people saying there is "no reason" for him to have not signed other than money.

There are loads of reasons why he might not have. Mental health. Physical health. Himself. His family.

Nobody knows.

Until then he's a Sunderland lad that the club want to keep, and I'm getting pretty annoyed at reading fans saying he can go **** himself and that he's **** etc

4. This....he'll jump on us every chance he gets. He's an arsehole.

5. APC

APC Well-Known Member

That’s you’re opinion and that’s fine, to me it’s unclassy

6. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

I hope they dont get bored, for their fans sake. It is a very fragile business model by the sounds of it. An owner being sponsor is not happy news. Not saying it is against any rules, but would ring an alarm bell or two with me if I were a supporter, particularly given their recent history.

Southern A likes this.
  7. Southern A

yeh its clear he is just lashing out now as he knows nothing and doesnt like knowing nothing

8. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

What's it got to do with them cockney bastards <grr>

Robertson and Southern A like this.
  9. I understand what you're saying,it can indicate a lack of integrity,but,if you're about to make costly mistake and you don't undo it,the repurcussions can be a long time hurting,and this is a cut-throat business with large amounts of money involved.As I say, I'll wager this kind of thing happens dozens and dozens of times in the modern,agent driven football world.

Saf and APC like this.
  10. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

If Newcastle had done it Nixon would be praising their hard-nosed business manner.

11. APC

APC Well-Known Member

Thats very true, but considering we are this close to the season starting and this far behind in the window, with this all coming out it doesn’t shine a great light on Speakman, saying that a good performance tonight will definitely make me and a lot of others feel a bit better

sad-eyed prophet likes this.
  12. samwise_new

right lad, i have never said he was ****e OR that he can go feck himself or anything like that so why pick on my post?

i am making the point that in our position we simply cannot hold back waiting for one lad to decide ( i would also expect the club to show him a little loyalty and give reasons if there was some outside circumstances to save unjust speculation)...we NEED at least one senior LB to step into the team.

i am also sure if it were the case then there will be agreements the club can make to allow him time away, we have seen it with many players over the years but that again should not be a reason not to sign at least one senior back up player, so IF he is holding things up, i would expect the club to do what is needed to be able to continue with recruitment while offering support should the lad need it...meanwhile all we have heard from the club is that he has stalled over signing a new contract and they are still waiting, regardless of his injury (or whatever else) it needs sorting, especially as wages are so important in this league.

13. Southern A

yeh sorry mate, I quoted you but probably shouldn't have. my post was more a reflection on some of the stuff I've seen said about him rather than what you were saying. should have made that clear.

samwise_new likes this.
  14. samwise_new

THIS is exactly why i said the club should make some kind of statement, it is bad enough when the odd supporter is disgruntled on a forum or two but quite a few hold such as nixon in quite a high stead and see him as very much ITK...the best thing to do with rumours is stop them in their tracks before they fester and grow.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  15. Well we don't know what happened,whether it was Speakman who pulled the plug,or someone else. However,you're right,a performance tonight against Hull will go a long way to alleviating the anxieties many have. I sometimes think,with all the background stuff constantly going on,our attentions sometimes get diverted,but it's on the pitch where it all matters.

APC, smithy in nl and rooch 3 like this.
  16. Southern A

I'll add that I completely agree with what you're saying. so my post was definitely not aimed at you despite my erroneous quoting!!!

samwise_new likes this.
  17. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

What’s your gut feeling telling you what’s going to happen tonight, mine is rumbling like hell and I’m not hungry.<laugh>

sad-eyed prophet likes this.
  18. samwise_new

aye fair enough... think we are both a wee bit sick of a lot of the negative stuff being spouted, i really just want the squad sorted so we can all calm down and start looking forward to the season, this deal with liverpool seems to have really knocked the fans back, especially as no other player has been mentioned just 'lots of bids in'.

Southern A likes this.
  19. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

And we’ve been doing alright on the pitch imo, think it’s going to be a great season personally.

20. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member