1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Washysafc, May 25, 2021.

1. Prehab26

Prehab26 Well-Known Member

I remember saying on here, there are ways and means to put things out there.

2. SAFC75

SAFC75 Well-Known Member

Ended up falling a kip last night while trying to get the bairn asleep so missed end of window, did we sign a rb last night too or not, never mind if not as still a fantastic window and huggs/winch could cover.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  3. Roppa

Roppa Well-Known Member

Who were they m8?

4. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

<laugh><laugh>

Amazing how pissed off people were about that and how many “we are skint” conspiracies there were as a result!!

Guy Incognito and Nads like this.
  5. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

There's a big difference between blind faith and looking at the proof, the excellent backroom/recruitment team that's been assembled.

KLD built a platform for us to bring in the right players and even provided a new pitch for them to play on.

Blind faith is when nothing changes and you expect a better result but there's absolutely nothing wrong with faith.

If you don't have faith you can only be happy after the event when you have proof ...

... that goes totally against the essence of being a football supporter.

(*I don't think anyone said we would definitely get all the players we wanted.)

Guy Incognito and Nads like this.
  6. Magnus

Magnus Well-Known Member

If it's effect any transfer it could be the jebbison one, don't think anyone was linked with him apart from us. And then the echo reported he was he and the next minute burton and Doncaster come in

Guy Incognito and Random lad like this.
  7. Smug in Boots

Only when I woke up this morning.

It was a full back who'd already been to the SOL, but it would've been dependant on Hume going which has been really messy.

I don't know what the lad is thinking tbh, he's made a huge mess of this situation.

How can he attract a new club if he's not playing and why should we play him if he's wanting away ...

... unless we have injuries he'll be stuck in limbo.

Guy Incognito and dyd13 like this.
  8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

As much as I hope he does sign, he’s in limbo right now and deserves to be. No club, no games. It’ll be getting to a point where the club say “sign your contract if you want to keep using our facilities”

I wonder how his representatives are feeling right now. I have little doubt that they have told him to hold out and nothing has materialised. Now they’re thinking “holy ****” as the club have managed this perfectly.

I get that players are their own person, but there’s a lot of advice given to them by highly paid agents etc in their ears and they have no reason to not listen. A lot don’t know any better. Looks like Hume is one of those

9. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

Excellent window. Very pleased to get a couple of lads from Germany on board, they tend to have the right kind of arrogance.

Oliver's Army and Random lad like this.
  10. Smug in Boots

By the time I heard the gossip about Hume leaving the club it was late and I was knackered.

The full back we wanted is supposed to have visited the club and is at Leeds, I don't know their players so couldn't hazard a guess.

It was attempted at the start of the window but Leeds were 'shuffling' that position and trying to bring players in.

At the time Hume was supposed to be 'listening to offers' but that sounds like bull tbh.

Leeds came back, yesterday, with a loan offer, but it was too late to get everything sorted with Grigg/AOB/etc to sort out.

Robertson and Random lad like this.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Great to See that BOTH we have the option to buy on, was my understanding that wasn’t the case with the Hoff.

Good business.

Here we are, not only not 15 points behind Ipswich and Wigan but top, and further improved, with a perfectly timed international break to bed players in and get Geads sorted.

Absolute nectar.

12. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

4 lads that can play there.

We never needed a RB, imo. Huggins looks like a natural RB from the very little I've seen of him.

Nads and The Norton Cat like this.
  13. Rhinos Legend

Rhinos Legend Well-Known Member

14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I’m convinced he’s been signed as an out and out RB, I know he’s supposedly played LB a lot but we bought Cerkin for that.

We’ve so many options now, and it wasn’t scattergun like Ipswich who have about 6 forwards.

The squad looks the most balanced it’s been since Keane was here.

Dajaku is still sharing posts on his Insta he’s nudging 100 of them, these a players that fancy being here which is massive.

clockstander, Young Ted and Saf like this.
  15. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

16. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Does anyone see Winchester losing his rb spot? I know it's not the position be was signed for etc but he is doing a good job you wouldn't look and say he is playing out of position.

Arlyman and clockstander like this.
  17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye I’m not buying this for a second. Maybe they enquired and we said ‘depends on other business’ but I doubt it.

They had Grigg and ****ed that, he was just looking busy. I think AOB is one area we couldn’t have let another go, and why would we the lad is useful.

18. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Ipswich had literally started signing players towards the end of the window to try and better their earlier signings which weren't looking good enough. It's crazy what is happening at that club but their supporters seem to be buzzing about it. The bulk of their signings has been from league one and two, the same mistake we made the first few seasons down here.

On paper we might have caught up with Sheff Wed, now. Both of our teams look ridiculously strong for this league.

19. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

First 3 words there and I was reminded of Clock Work Orange.

20. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

I read it as they were signing Grigg we accidentally sent them the paperwork for AOB by the time we fixed it Rotherham had come in and Grigg decided to go there instead.

Robertson and Nads like this.