1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer Transfer Thread 21/22

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, May 2, 2021.

1. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

I know people keep saying what we need is an experienced centre back, but then I also think most people believe Jones and Greaves deserve the chance to prove themselves as first choice defenders. So can't see an experienced centre back moving from warming the bench somewhere else to warming the bench here. Whereas pushing for a first team chance with a Championship club is a good challenge for the lad from Man Utd.

Kempton and Howdentiger2 like this.
  2. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

I’ll post what I want silly **** I’m just entertaining myself if you don’t like it put me on ignore it’s easy

3. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Are you a club insider howden? Genuine question not a wind up, feel as though I’ve missed something while I was off the board a while ..

4. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I would love someone like Curtis Davies. At the back end of their career so can't play every week but someone who can offer real experience and settle us down during the tough moments.

5. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

I no longer have any direct link to the club as in coaching or playing. I still know people at the club at various different levels and roles. I'm fortune to know a fair few agents and coaching staff at clubs etc.. i don't claim to be an insider, i post bits as and when I hear them, some seem to happen and others don't.

Im a hull fan first and foremost, but I also try and get info out when I can as I know ( as a fan ) I'd want to know as well. If people want to believe nothing I say, all i say or something in between then that's totally up to them. I won't take offense.

I also know my POV sometimes doesn't mirror/match others on this forum and I'm accused of being an "allam fan/plant/apologist". Hand in heart...I'm not and I want new owners just as most others do. I just try where possible to look at things with a neutral eye and not from a anti allam or hull fan POV.... Hopefully then I see things more clearly and accurately ( it's bloody difficult though )

Anyway sorry for the long one ...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  6. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

S'not so there poo poo head.

THE EXCLUSIVE 10% likes this.
  7. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

I appreciated you insight mate. Any idea who the Man City player is?

8. Howdentiger2

Nope, everyone seems to be keeping really quiet on this one, which leads me to think it's potentially a very decent player coming over and they dont want any potential hiccups or others taking an interest.

9. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Seem to get more right than wrong so therefore contribute more than most do here trading insults when their half cocked opinions get shot down.

10. Howdentiger2

Cheers appreciated... I'm sure I'll just some more wrong along the way and hopefully a few more on the nail also

11. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Football changes so quickly too. There's a guy on twitter called James Goodwin I think, he doesn't tweet often but he's pretty much always on the money. He said us signing Terell Thomas was all but done, but for whatever reason, it didn't happen. Getting it wrong occasionally doesn't make him unreliable but something clearly changed

Godrevy Buoy and Howdentiger2 like this.
  12. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I heard that was to do with his agent moving the goal posts. He was happy with what was offered and then the agent started playing silly bollocks so the club told him where to go.

13. addistiger

addistiger Active Member

Scott to St. Mirren to get him off the books? Seems odd if no fee involved especially given what was paid for him and such a prospect as McCann has said. Surely better to try to off load Mayer if it's about numbers. Neither have really shown much promise but at least Scott has age on his side. Like others on here I'd like to see Eaves go - maybe replaced with older striker with Championship experience who can control the ball be be a menace in the box if chasing the game and a good chance will score at least a few more.
    Like Baz (HDM) I don't understand the criticism of Smallwood. He was part of the initial improvement in the way City played and was very solid and important until getting injured. Only then did Slater step in and prove to be perhaps better. Without Slater, Smallwood will be more important and very solid in the Championship

Brucebones likes this.
  14. addistiger

addistiger Active Member

What about giving Huddelstone and Davies coaching roles until such time as it would be possible to register as players?

15. Mckechnie Orange

To offload someone like Meyer, you need a buyer willing to take someone like Meyer and match his contract, and the player would need to agree to go there too.

16. Mckechnie Orange

Curtis is expected to stay at Derby. Tom has what; another year playing? Could be another year before the restrictions are lifted.

17. Howdentiger2

If it's a perm st mirran won't be matching Scott's contract. They just can't afford to. So unless we have paid him off ( which I doubt ) and if we have then why not pay of someone like Meyer instead ?

18. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

If I posted something that I believed to be true I couldn’t careless what any of you think.
    I think Howden is full of **** he has said nothing that I haven’t read on various rumour sites.
    Me thinks you all protest too much.

19. Mckechnie Orange

Given theres an influx of players planned and one has come in, i suspect he will be loaned as opposed to a permanent and that suggests the club may have won their appeal re: loan players not counting in the squad?

Seems more likely than he's going on a perm.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  20. Howdentiger2

Loan seems most likely, Scott is on a wage with us now we have gone up, that st mirran just couldn't afford