1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer Transfer Thread 21/22

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, May 2, 2021.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I
    don’t care why he’s done it all I do care is he has and it’s made it affordable
    So he hasn’t lied has he?

2. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

24 hours...

3. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

It's a Football forum,you're allowed to move the goal-posts:emoticon-0148-yes:

4. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Last week

Your memory is getting terrible

5. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

A genuine question, Kempton, in peace. If your dislike of the Allams is depriving you from watching the team I assume you love, is it worth it?

6. Ric Glasgow

It's £1.57 for juniors 2-10,£4.70 for juniors 11-15,£7.83 for young adults 16-22,£10.17 for seniors over 65 and £15.65 for adults.

People on here have been crying out for the Club to get youngsters involved in the future of our Club.Look at the prices,it's coppers FFS.Do you honestly think if Allam was pratted and was lowering prices in some desperate attempt to pay for the running of the Club,he'd be encouraging the future fans to park their backsides for £1.57 a game?

In my view he's being very reasonable here with all categories,this is affordable family football.The Club will be here when we are long gone and these youngsters who are being invited to come and watch Championship Football for the price of a Sunday Newspaper will be the support of the future...

At least give them some credit instead of continually branding them as liars on a daily basis.

7. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

So if one of your posts sparks a more general thought I'll remember to remove the quote in future, just 'cos it's you.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  8. dennisboothstash

Good

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  9. Mckechnie Orange

Best remind everyone else though.

10. dennisboothstash

No need

Everyone else knows that you quote a post when you’re replying to that specific post.

You know that as well mind you, but for some reason you decided to get outraged on someone else’s behalf.

Feel free to disagree / argue, but don’t hide behind bollocks about quoting someone being irrelevant because you might have just decided to go off on an unlinked mental wander.

So no…it’s just you that is pretending to not understand

Chazz Rheinhold and GLP like this.

11. Mckechnie Orange

I understand OK. You just seem to think its all about you.

12. dennisboothstash

If you’re replying and quoting me though I’ve no idea if the quoted post is relevant or not now or whether you’ve decided to start rambling about the price of fish…

Unlike everyone else who understand how conversations work

13. Mckechnie Orange

Conversations involving numbers of contributors or just 1 - 2 - 1?

I'm intrigued that I've been doing it wrong the last 40 odd years...

Thankfully you're here to educate...

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think almost nobody has any issue with the current membership prices.

However, crowds are still terrible. Arguing that more people should come is pointless, because those that don't come aren't here to hear it. If the argument is that the club have done enough then that is blatantly wrong, as evidenced by the still half-empty stadium.

Clearly the problem with our crowds is serious and deep-rooted and even having reasonable membership prices isn't anywhere near enough. It will need further effort to address it. Personally I think even if there was a takeover tomorrow it would still need a big push to convince people to come back and get back into the habit. I also think that with significant effort it could be done even without a takeover, if only the current owners had the drive, ambition and capability.

15. Mckechnie Orange

So basically you're saying a 100 m investment into squad and facilities then we might see 20k + again.

I wonder if - big if - Ehab is prepared to make E1 - E3 and areas in the south stand railed seating and get a bit of atmosphere back might make a difference?

The recent safe standing announcement has barely been discussed but if we're at the fore-front of that then that might be another Olive branch that can be offered?

Or is it just that this city produces flaky support and as such we aren't a big club- unless someone else is paying for success and we are currently exactly where we deserve to be?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The grant hasn’t been repaid, we got Smith on a free, which makes using our last loan space for Slater seem even more odd.

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The owners haven’t put in a penny for seven years, you don’t need to go from that to £100m investment, putting in anything at all would at least show some ambition.

In fact, with very little being spent in this league at the moment, there’s never been a cheaper time to show some ambition.

There’s zero chance of the Allams putting in rail seating, it would cost money, there’s no point in a half empty stadium and the SAG don’t think it’s a practical proposition at the MKM anyway.

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

No surprise about the last line there olm is there.

still it’s something the trust can push for.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  19. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

The truth is that no one actually gives a **** if you go or not and even if you went the supporters in the ground wouldnt pat you on the back and say well done. No one notices that you are not there and no one will notice if you come back.
    All those people who say the stadium will sell out when the Allams go, do not understand that you will all be as welcome as the Leeds or Liverpool fans that fill the home concourses when we play them.
    For ****s sake, grow up and start enjoying football again.

20. Ric Glasgow

I wasn't arguing that people should come,I was illustrating that it's affordable as a family spectator sport and asking spectators to stump up buttons is hardly going to fill The coffers.

The 'argument' wasn't about whether or not the Club have done enough either but feel free to give an example or two of what more they could be doing.
    It's also worth considering that the current economic climate is responsible for a drop off in supporters,not just at our Club but in Football in general?
    I had a quick scout around the championship attendances and looked(for no particular reason)at Prestons attendances,they seem to have dropped off too?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021