1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer Transfer Thread 21/22

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, May 2, 2021.

1. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Just FYI... Chelsea only expect the full wages of their loan players to be covered if they go out to PREM teams and at a push top champ teams with parachute payments etc and even that's not a set rule.

2. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Tbf that is most of their players. You have to pay the wages because there's usually a scrap for them, although, they aren't all on stupid money. The top ones are though but people like Uwakwe, McCormick & Baxter who've been in L1 this year won't be as they've never been 'top' talents. McCormick is available on a free with a sell on clause this summer, wouldn't surprise me if he was on our list.

3. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I think the approach will be somewhere in the middle, but calling someone a ****ing idiot for making a reasoned point is a bit over the top. You can disagree with them without getting personal.

I do tend to think a few of our players need to be playing and probably need a loan in League One to get any value out of them if we look to move them on. Scott, Flores, McLaughlin are the ones that immediately come to mind, possibly Mayer too (although he's injured and we might just keep him around and then release him if there isn't much interest). Assume Festus will be out on loan again too so there's 4/5 names that quite reasonably could be loaned out.

I do think we should be looking to bring in at most 2/3 permanents with a view to pinching some loans from the prem, which could end up meaning 5-6 players come in. That's not quite as busy as SS is suggesting, but there's plenty of opportunity to find value.

4. HullPhil

HullPhil Well-Known Member

Some will say "shouldn't be signing L1 we've never heard of..."

Like Maguire, Robertson & Bowen.....

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Who would be saying that? Apart from the expert shark no one knows these players
    No ones seen them live for over year except for shark obviously
    Unless you’ve seen a player live how can you judge him from tv? Except for shark who will have done

6. PUDSEYTIGER2ND

PUDSEYTIGER2ND Well-Known Member

He has played in the championship for Huddersfield, made 21 apps for them 2015 to 2017 season's.

7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Much like Coyle/Emanuelle ST, McLoughlin has been frozen out by the excellent Greaves. Personally from what I've seen McLoughin isn't far behind him and will be here as back up. Whilst AJ is the go to back up for Recce Burke, there is no left side centre back cover which McC is...

8. HullPhil

There's a whole section of City fans that will, that we'll reacquire again that started to kiss the badge for a few years from 2008...

9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I doubt it.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Players going into their final year, who we don't want any more, will be shipped out rather than loaned out, unless we get to the end of the window and it looks like we're going to get stuck with them.

Loans with a view to a sale really don't work when the player is out of contract at the end of the loan, it's very rare to get a fee in those circumstances (Jordy was the exception that proves the rule). In addition, loaning senior players is something we very rarely do, generally if we want a player gone, he goes permanently.

Worth bearing in mind, they're all back on Championship money now (at varying levels) and shifting someone like Eaves to a League One club paying his wages in full won't be easy.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

As expected, Dan Crowley has been released by Brum.

12. pcworks

pcworks Well-Known Member

Did Crowley show enough in the games he played for us last season to warrant a permanent deal? He would be available on a free but would command a decent signing-on fee and wage, I suspect a few clubs in Championship and league 1 will be interested in signing him. Better players maybe available in the window but they would probably involve a transfer fee being paid though.

13. HullPhil

You don't think we'll start to get BIRG fans again?

14. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Terry spoke very highly of him when he arrived on loan, wouldn't surprise me one bit if he signs for us permanently given no transfer fee

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

He’ll be a very good signing for us
    Good footballer
    Good brain on him

HullPhil likes this.
  16. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

I don't think many players will be going out on loan whilst we are in the cups. And it would be great to see us enter a team into the trophy

17. HullPhil

With a "Campbell" type striker in the side, definitely....

18. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

It's going to be an interesting close season. Probably like no other, Post Covid and clubs having had very little income.
    I may be wrong, but I don't believe the likes of Cardiff, Bristol City and Birmingham have released that number of players to make a promotion push. I suspect it's probably for survival, and a lot of Championship clubs are likely to be in that position.
    I suspect there are likely to be a lot of very good players becoming available, who will have to settle for lower wages compared to pre Covid.
    For me, apart from the younger players (including Emmanuel, McCloughlin and Fleming), we should try to off load anyone who didn't feature regularly last season. Offloading some of these is likely to be the biggest challenge.

19. SydneyTiger14

You've mentioned him three times in one post there.

20. SydneyTiger14

Do we have a choice?