1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Transfers

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Mar 21, 2021.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Would be a great signing but if he's 'demanding CL football' he can go do one. That why I think so highly of top quality signings like Llorente, Koch, Rodrigo and Raphinha because they didn't 'demand' anything and just bought into the Bielsa project.

If he does have the same attitude and mentality as those four, and Bielsa wants him, then great - sign him up.

sniffer1, Whitejock and Doc like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I add the name Taylor Harwood-Bellis because he was mentioned in the Summer and now again. However he isn't needed right now as we already have 3 International CBs plus Struijk backed up by Cresswell and Casey...... unless Bielsa is moving a couple out which I cant see

3. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

We are click bait mate. Anything Leeds United gets hammered on the internet. Don't all these websites know it aswell.
    We are very hush with transfers these days Koch-Rodrigo-Raphinha you never saw any of them till it was virtually announced.
    We will be linked with every player available it's how it is at Leeds.

ristac, Leedsoflondon and Doc like this.
  4. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

Is that because leeds only played them 2 times

5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Eh? Try very, very hard to make sense for once.

sniffer1 likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like I will have to enter Divok Origi into the list. A joke of a striker and not really a very good wide player, but hey the media are saying its a goer so it must be true

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

A name from last Summer, Jordan Amavi. LB at Marseille out of contract this Summer who said he wanted to go to Leeds and Bielsa. The deal couldnt be done but now a free, but WHU are chasing him too.

Amavi is a speedy attacking LB who played 50 times for Nice then 44 games for Villa between 2015/17 and since has played over 90 matches for OM. Both he and Romain Perraude are credible for Bielsa/Orta and French where value is going to be good this year

Whitejock, Gessa and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  8. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'd like us to go for Ryan Sessegnon from Spurs at LB. I think he would do well for us. He is on loan in Germany at the moment and Mourinho isn't keen. He is still only 20 years old.

SIDDAS and Doc like this.
  9. Whitejock

LB. Anyone for bringing Taylor back?

10. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Not me, left a bad taste how he did it.

Marcos Barber, NostradEmus and SIDDAS like this.

11. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I’m just not a fan of bringing ex-players back. Rather look forward.

12. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Not sure he is good enough tbf.

Old Git, Whitejock and Gessa like this.
  13. Whitejock

TBF, I was against him coming back due to the way he left. I'm only now realising that I may have been a bit hard on him for what was the team's failure, rather than anything he did that didn't suit the club. Guess I was looking for an outlet for my grief & wailing.

I've watched him recently, and there's no doubt that he's improved. Not a world-beater, but a solid '7' - one with a most agreeable end product when he attacks, and solid in defence. He would be good in most PL teams, but I do wonder if he'd be able to adapt to Bielsa's style & requirements. I honestly don't know.

Only asked the question as my view of him is easing with time & his performances. Oddly enough, I always thought he'd move over to being a CB once the legs started going. He might still, but the legs seem to be still working fine, so perhaps it will happen later.

Doc likes this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

A good question, but could he do Bielsaball, murderball as he looks to have gained a few pounds? His team mate on the other side of the pitch we also thought was great and yet hes now vanished and then we had another LB U21 England star who Bielsa got rid of and he too has vanished. So yes a good question but is he better than Alioski or Dallas because we actually need someone better than those two and Douglas.........

Gessa likes this.
  15. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Putting aside the running contract down refusing to play etc... if you can. Taylor is a good solid premier std full back.

ex Leeds full backs scouting report:
    Byram has had a bad run with injuries but was getting back on track at norwich prior to latest injury set back. We may see him in the Prem next year.

Pearce, everyone got a bit excited over a good goal and some surging forward runs but he struggled defensively. He was just a kid, still only 22 playing for Wigan in league 1

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  16. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Whatever, he moved on and so should we. He represents our past not our future. I’ve never fully understood some fans obsession with bringing back former players

2 pennth and Doc like this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Before Taylor we had Aidy White and hes still running into dead ends

18. milkyboy

to be fair he used to run into them very quickly

19. milkyboy

quite agree... it’s like the ex-girlfriend syndrome... when they’re gone, you tend to remember the nights you spent smashing her back doors in, and forget the damage her credit card habit did to your bank balance and the endless nagging did to your sanity.

or maybe that’s just me ;)

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Heres a new one

Leeds United are keeping tabs on Sevilla sensation Lucas Ocampos ahead of the summer window, Football Insider can reveal.

The Argentina international winger, 26, is attracting interest from Premier League clubs as a result of his La Liga exploits.

A Leeds source has told Football Insider the club are monitoring the situation of Ocampos as they assess potential attacking targets.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.