1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Transfers

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Another name we have been linked with last Summer seems to be back in the frame (according to Italian Journo) AC Milan academy graduate Tomaso Pobega who was sent out on loan last season to Seria A side Spezia. Hes a central midfielder who scored 6 goals last season and 8 assists. He was apparently talked about by Radz and Orta last year so another one to keep an eye on

2. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

As a wise man once said, too much clickbait to mention anyone at this stage!!

I always thought Raphinia and Llorente were superb, long before we signed them :emoticon-0148-yes:

Actually, no, that’s cobblers, I just saw a bit of YouTube like everyone else after Victor had signed them <laugh>

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

4. Marcos Barber

5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Quite right Marcos <ok> it's my job to inform everyone when we're about to sign a **** goalkeeper :biggrin:

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

When quoting click-bait always best to leave for a couple of days for corroboration elsewhere with a different slant, plus think of where player would fit. In this case although 2 young keepers released, there is another young keeper signing. It would also mean that Kiko is on his way, so until we hear stories about Kiko best to leave this……… would be a nice move though and we know Bielsa has tried to get Gunn before?

7. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I have heard he is off to take a black spot to blind Pugh first.

8. Marcos Barber

It’s rare to remember who posted what 3 years ago but mate, that one is unforgettable <laugh>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  9. FORZA LEEDS

<laugh> In my defence I was only quoting what his bullshitting agent told me :emoticon-0138-think :angel:

bucks_is_leeds, Doc and Marcos Barber like this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maxwel Cornet Ivory Coast LB according to Nixon of the Sun

11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

cornet....make mine a 99 :1980_boogie_down:

ristac likes this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Checked this story out last week and at the moment the facts are that Leeds have a long list of players in various positions and Lyon were approached and asked the question about Cornet. The reply was yes but £20m, so no more contact made. Another story says Leeds are hoping to go back later when Lyon of reduced the price. That makes no sense to me as you walk away and go to someone else on your list, we learnt that lesson chasing Che Adams. Orta will work down his list and walk away from anyone trying to shaft us with £20m for a full back………. Unless hes a worldy

13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fabrizio Romano
    @FabrizioRomano

Atlético Madrid are already planning medicals for Rodrigo de Paul - deal almost done for €35m to Udinese, just final details to be completed then it’s gonna be signed. Saúl received many approaches and he’s expected to leave Atlético in the next weeks.

#Atléti

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Was always going to happen this simply because we refused to pay that sort of fee. Yes the play warrants that fee but at this stage we were not willing to pay it. Kinnear and Orta have repeatedly said that we will not do a Ridsdale and in other words will concentrate on signing “silver” players making them gold, rather than gold players with gold prices. De Paul had the best midfield stats in Seria A for the last 2 seasons, he will now make Athletico Madrid even stronger so good luck to him.

i notice media are still pushing Leeds will spend £40m on Adama Traore. About as much chance of that as…….. let me think Rodrigo De Paul or Traore mmmm let me think

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know NewsNow is the largest click bait trash going but I still find myself checking it daily then asking myself why. Yesterday it was Leeds set to spend £40m on Traore yet as doc pointed out, we’d not spend £35m on De Paul

Today it is Italian clubs wanting Philips and Leeds have set a £30m price tag, the guys who make these stories up don’t event attempt to make it half believable

Whitejock, Marcos Barber and Doc like this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If you write crap you get paid. Thinking about posting the following. Shaks has been teatotal for years now as he gets his body back into shape ready for the new season <laugh>

19. FORZA LEEDS

If you two and loads of other people keep looking on NewsNow they'll keep on making money and keep on posting crap <whistle>

It's like those who moan about how much money Jeff Bezos is worth but still use Amazon <doh>

ristac, oldschool and Marcos Barber like this.
  20. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Should be called no news now...gave up on the boring bull ages ago,most of it is either old re-hashed quotes or pitiful speculation