1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer window thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Tel (they/them), Mar 30, 2021.

1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

With Haaland I see him staying at Dortmund another year because the club will not accept a fee below £120m this summer and any club can buy him for half that next summer.

If they do force him out, he will choose between City & Real Madrid imo. I don’t see him being remotely interested in joining Chelsea or PSG and Liverpool couldn’t afford the fee and wages and commission Raiola would demand.

What is absolutely certain is that City and United both need a new number 9, which is why I think we will throw the kitchen sink at Kane this summer.

Tobes likes this.
  2. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that injure him, you know how fragile is

Could be a good addition but who would he replace Martial?

3. Tel (they/them)

Martial will never be a number 9. I’d happily see him leave if we brought a real number 9 in. As good as he is on his day, they only come around once every 300,000 years.

4. duggie2000

I thought that would be the case

Would you need to try and get Son as well they seem to dovetail in well together

5. Tel (they/them)

Nah we’ll keep Marcus.

6. duggie2000

Fair enough they do both play for England

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  7. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

That means.?

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I agree, the only way he moves this summer is of Dortmund choose to maximise the return on their asset. Otherwise it becomes a battle of the wages the following summer when his release fee kicks in.

As for Kane, he’s 28 this summer and he could well feel the time is right for him to move on. If he does, then he’s going to have to prepared to play dirty, slap in a transfer request and tell the club he defo wants off and he’s unhappy. Otherwise Levy will price him out of a move imo.

They’ll be loathed to sell him to an English club though I reckon, but I can see United as a viable destination for him tbh. We’ll see how big his balls are, and just how much he supposedly loves Spuds this summer.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    BobbyD, PINKIE and Tel (they/them) like this.
  9. Tel (they/them)

Depends what happens with MBappe and Messi this summer imo, it could start a chain of events and drag other clubs into the mix or push prices up. If MBappe goes for £150-200m to Real Madrid then Kane will end up stuck where he is as Levy won’t budge an inch on a £150m+ price tag and no **** will pay that.

We’ll end up bringing Ighalo back after losing out on Ivan Toney to West Ham.

10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

if he stays you have to do a thread about the size of his balls and his love for Spurs.

Sucky, BobbyD, Libby and 2 others like this.

11. Tel (they/them)

Do you think he will leave bro?

12. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I think the Covid market will make it difficult to leave, Levy will be wanting to hit the 200 mill barrier and I can’t see that happening.

plus I honestly think he’s going to give it another year under Jose who has improved him as a player and club asset...but if Spurs replace Jose I can see Kane wanting to leave instead of hanging about to see which hipster twat and his ‘project’ we appoint next.

I guess that’s why he said he will wait till after the euros...to see what Spurs do in the summer.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Fixed

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

According to Ornstein, Kane is keen on a move, but Levy won't sanction it and like you say will price everybody out of a transfer.

So as Tobes says, if Kane really wants a move, he'll have to play hard ball and put in a transfer request. Risky strategy for Levy that, because once a player has made it clear he wants out, then there's not a lot you can do other than hold them hostage and then the player downs tools, a bit like you did with Erikson.

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I just don’t see Kane kicking up a stink though, Kane does not do down tools. I think he will use a better strategy because he actually cares about the club. Was happy enough to sign a 6 year contract not long back when things were looking up but Levy forgot to do his bit and build the squad accordingly.

Big personality difference between Kane and that Inter Milan bench warmer Eriksen.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah I'd agree with that. He's a grafter.

Just wonder how long he'll actually give his time to Spurs though having won **** all ? Lad is 28 and about to reach his prime, surely he wants some pots to go with it.

17. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

yeah and I wouldn’t begrudge him if he ever moved coz he has given his everything to help us get over line, Levy really should have built a squad around him to compliment him by now, but he isn’t really truly a football man like some claim imo...so he hasn’t.

I reckon 1 year max...if we deliver something big(doubt it) then I think he stays otherwise he’s gone(defo gone).

I’ve known Levy for a long time and I can kind of guess he will be thinking by next year the money in football might have returned to some kind of normality so he will rinse someone then instead of this coming summer. He will do the classic ‘give us one more season and you can go’ and Kane will do it. I don’t think his value will go down in this one season, tbh it could quite easily rise if he keeps on getting the numbers. He’s got no pace so not got much to lose and will play well into his 30’s like the top pros are doing nowadays, bloke doesn’t drink or owt so he’s one of them.

on the other hand...this coming summer is the one City want to do business in with regards to a striker, it seems...so might have to deal with it this summer before the interest decreases(next summer) because everyone is all over Haaland(if he doesn’t move this summer).

PINKIE likes this.
  18. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Out:

Matty James - currently on loan at Coventry - think it will become permanent - nominal or free.

Hamza Choudhry - needs guaranteed game time so can see him moving.

Rashid Ghezzal currently on loan in Turkey where he's having a good season - will go to a Turkish club

Filip Benkovic - career blighted with injury since impressive loan with Celtic - currently on loan at sister club, OH Leuven in Belgium - can see him being moved on as he us now well down the centre back pecking order.

Cenghis Under- flattered but not done enough to turn loan into permanent

In

Odsonne Eduoard

Florian Thauvin

A N Other ... creative midfielder

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Judging from the hype of the last 3/4years regarding Hamza, he should be a first team regular by now with the holding position his own.

likewise with Demerara Grey

Your club can spot talent no doubt but they can’t seem to help maximise it...the players progress seems to come to an end and they just become bog standard with potential again.

20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I think if Kane leaves us for another English side it’ll be City, otherwise it’ll be for one of the big boys in Europe. He’s never come across as purely money motivated so won’t just leave us for a bigger payday, he’ll leave Spurs with the aim of joining a club who more or less guarantees him trophies and right now that's City, not Utd, especially for as long as Pep gets bankrolled there.