1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 17th. September 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 16, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

2.15 Bath - Wild Flower 7/1

3. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Those pesky insects! I will assume that Bath have obtained the correct dispensation from the BHA to run a card that is entirely 5 furlong races, as this does contravene rules about diversity on race programmes.

The glaring standout bet for me on the card is DELAGATE THIS LORD in the 3:15. It won last time out over course and distance readily enough and has not been punished by the handicapper so it looks capable of completing a hat-trick this afternoon. The lad that is on it was aboard for both the wins, is well worth his claim and currently leads the Apprentice Jockeys Championship by five.

Harbottle and karlos5001 like this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Any news from Michael re Delagate This Lord. At 3/1 this looks a good bet. Bang in form, proved he's better at sprinting than further, the handicapper may not have caught up with him yet. C&D winner gives him the edge over Patchwork

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry QM. Didn't realise you'd already said all that <laugh>

6. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

qm ,whilst you are correct about a restrictive card , other meetings do this sometimes , a bumpers card at lingfield i recall , laytown has a pretty restricted course , and many times leicester stages chasing only when the hurdle course is unraceable , i think it's adaptability and for the courses a source of revenue rather than none ........

7. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

on a side note , why don't we have more mixed meetings like in ireland ?

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How long does it take to organise a meeting? I would have thought a few months to get all the races approved, published and entries processed. So presumably the infestation has been known for some time?

karlos5001 likes this.
  9. karlos5001

karlos5001 Well-Known Member

Chelsea, Man U & Scunny treble today 6/1.
    Robbie's and QM's in singles and a double my Sunday bets. Good luck all

10. karlos5001

karlos5001 Well-Known Member

Nice 1 QM. Good winner mate

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Should have left off those final 6 words <laugh>

12. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Delegate this Lord, thanks guys, i had a fiver on from reading the above, won well to.

13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

The BHA does not have any jurisdiction over Laytown – ironically, I think that the beach comes under the Irish Turf Club! Bath did have dispensation to run just sprint races – they had four races and were allowed to split two of them to make six.

I looked at the BHA’s Race Administration Manual. Rule 26 only applies to race programmes that include Flat races and dictates race types and distances at various stages of the season; e.g. “26.1 In each day’s programme of racing, there must be two races of a mile or upwards of the minimum aggregate distance of two miles and a half.” Rule 27 decrees that no Flat race programme will have more than eight races. Rule 38 only applies to jump programmes; e.g. “38.1 There must be at least one Steeple Chase in each day’s programme.” Rule 39 decrees that no jump race programme will have more than eight races.

Anyway, glad the horse won – obviously everyone was on it as it was backed from 3/1 down to 2/1. Have the good fortune to be out on the lash at Beverley on Wednesday and have the money now for beer and bookies!

We did used to have a mixed meeting at Sandown in April until 2014. It was the Whitbread Gold Cup meeting and half the races were on the flat as well as the jumps. The mixed cards at Sandown bit the dust and became two days – one flat and one jumps – when the powers that be decided to make it the official end of the jump season when the champion jockey and trainer would be announced.

rudebwoy likes this.