1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 4th. December 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Dec 3, 2022.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Sunday's Meetings

Kelso
    N/H 8 Races 11:35-3:15p.m.
    Fairyhouse
    N/H 8 Races 11:55-3:55p.m.
    Huntingdon
    N/H 7 Races 12:15-3:45p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck <ok>

SwanHills and SaveTheHumans like this.
  2. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

You like your Juvenile hurdles racing Oddy, licking your chops over the second race in Fairyhouse then. Some guy named Willie Mullins has a measly four runners in it...

Couldn't resist a dabble on Darver Star each way at 25/1 in the Hatton's Grace. Will be a stiff task to give weight away to an impervious Honeysuckle but if anything does go wrong for her and he is on his game, then he can outrun those odds.

The Royal Bond sees a couple of horses put unbeaten records on the line and two of those spearhead the market in the exciting Champ Kiely and Marine Nationale, Path D'oroux also unbeaten. I really like Marine Nationale but looking at the market early on he is already on the slide and the Mulllins fave is rock solid which is usually fairly ominous, watching brief only today.

The Drinmore looks a cracker and we get to see if Banbridge can back up that impressive Cheltenham win lto. He's around the 11/4 mark now and that's decent looking as I think he could shorten into under 2/1 come post time. Mighty Potter and Three Stripe Life will look to enhance Gordon Elliot's record of winning this race in recent years.

Good card and we will no doubt see some shake ups In festival betting after tomorrow.

Bets -
    Darver Star 25's each way
    Banbridge 11/4

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    Pilgrim likes this.
  3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

A superb renewal and, much as I was impressed by Comfort Zone at Navan, I think Zarak The Brave could be very, VERY good. Townend chooses him over Lossiemouth and he has been well backed for the Triumph ahead of today’s race.

4. OddDog

Staff Member

Call me "potty" but I quite fancy an each-way double on James and Jean Potter's runners in the last two races at Huntingdon today.

In the Peterborough Chase, Mister Fisher is looking to follow the same pattern as the last 2 seasons - pulled up on seasonal debut and then win next time out. Last season he won the Grade 2 Silviniaco Chase at Kempton having pulled up in the King George on seasonal debut. The season before that, he won this very race (was staged at Cheltenham) after pulling up in the Paddy Power Gold Cup on seasonal debut. Summary: needs a run after a break but is ready to rock and roll on his next appearance. 8/1 freely available at this time.

In the closing listed mares bumper, the Potters' runner is Stronge Belle, trained by Nigel Twiston-Davies. The Twister is operating with a 20% strike rate in bumpers this season so knows what is required and this Blue Bresil filly is related to a French Grade 1 winner on the dam side. 13/2 generally available.

Good luck all <ok>

Pilgrim and SwanHills like this.
  5. GOLDBONES

GOLDBONES Well-Known Member

I see over at Kelso Phillip Rothwell brings a couple over from Ireland, in the 1.05 Fiveaftermidnight 25/1 and in the last Mr Globalist 7/2. Could this be the double that pays for all their Christmas presents, one wonders?

6. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Huntingdon
    1245 poker master at 3s and rf with justified
    145 great d ange at 4s and rf with art of illusion
    220 sorbet 12s ew
    255 pic dorhy 5/2 365

Kelso
    1205 return ticket 16s ew this one has a great habit of winning after a long break and looks on a great mark
    1235 domandlouis 5/4
    Good luck all who play

Pilgrim and OddDog like this.
  7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Kelso
    13,05 Buddha Scheme 22/1 e/w WH four places, 20/1 others

Fairyhouse
    15,05 Lucky Max 18/1 WH five places, 14/1 sky six places

Huntingdon
    14,55 Pink Legend 12/1 e/w three places

GOLDBONES and SwanHills like this.
  8. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

12:45 Huntingdon - Sermando

7/2 (Bet365) best price at time of writing.

GOLDBONES and Pilgrim like this.
  9. OddDog

Staff Member

Very nice from Lossiemouth there, making the most of the 7lbs allowance. Zarak The Brave fluffed the last 2 hurdles which cost him several lengths but the filly was clearly better on the day.

Lossiemouth now clear 4/1 fav for the Triumph

10. OddDog

Staff Member

Funny old race the Royal Bond - not often been won by real top-notchers in recent years (Envoi Allen 2019, Jezki 2012) and I'm not sure we've got a real good one in here today. Champ Kiely if any you'd think.

11. OddDog

Staff Member

Wow that was a really good race and with a better jump at the last Marine Nationale would have won clearly. Barry Connell's gelding travelled so powerfully and was still going best coming to the last as the front 4 pulled readily clear. Champ Kiely was in front way too soon and pulled Townend's arms off. A very exciting finish and hopefully the winner can progress further and maybe tackle Facile Vega over Christmas?

12. OddDog

Staff Member

Deeply impressive from Mighty Potter there. I thought Banbridge didn't act on the ground and I suspect we won't see him on soft again.

13. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Sorbet has to be backed at Huntingdon ew, notable jockey booking.

14. OddDog

Staff Member

With conditions getting testing at Fairyhouse I think Klassical Dream has to enter calculations in the Hatton's Grace. Hopefully the mare will win with Klassical Dream getting closest.

15. SaveTheHumans

Yeah it looked that way and has been heavy hail and rain showers here since last night so the ground may be softer than described even.

Mighty Potter was impressive and backed accordingly too. One or two jumps he reached for but I like the fact he managed to keep himself upright. Big future ahead over the large obstacles

OddDog likes this.
  16. SwanHills

15:15 Kelso - Drop back to minimum trip might be better for the French-bred Gris De Gris mare, Evita Du Mesnil.. She has won on very soft/heavy ground before and should be suited by this extended 2m. distance. Lewis Dobb (3) rides for the Katie Scott stable.

9/1 is the general best price at time of writing. E/W best option.

17. OddDog

Staff Member

What a shock as Honeysuckle is beaten. Did she go too soon and get outstayed? Fair play Teahupoo, he was a very good juvenile but struggled at the highest level in his 5YO season. Might as well give the Champion Hurdle to Constitution Hill already - he is as short as 2/7 now.

18. SaveTheHumans

Wouldn't be surprised if they fims something not post race normal. Looked like she hit a brick wall to me rather than being out stayed.

She would have had to start on a Monday to beat CH either way I feel.

OddDog likes this.
  19. OddDog

Staff Member

Yeah you kind of hope they do find something - she would normally have sustained that run to the line but she seemed to run out of puff.

I read that Patrick is very keen on the Ricci horse in the bumper - already earmarked it as potential champion bumper material

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  20. SwanHills

Wrong grey yet again. <doh>

Edit: Sorry, winner is a bay!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022