1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunday Opinion

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Nov 22, 2020.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

To be fair Supcon he did acknowledge that the unbeaten streaks were longer, as well as the no-win streaks - that IS pretty balanced in my view - it's quite accurate - speaking as someone who quite liked LJ.....!

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

R&W, it isn't the first time Supcon has commented without engaging his brain.

I'll never understand why Massengo, 3 years younger than Bakinson, didn't go out on loan.
    Beggars belief when you see Bakinson's performances.
    And as I wrote earlier who knows how Massengo will perform in the new set up, it's certainly helped eg Bakinson, Nagy, Semenyo.
    Give him a go I say and lets see.

3. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

well the ministry of mis information strikes again ………………

ON 28TH November 2018 city won and again on 12th February 2019 in between City managed a run of 7 wins in total that made 9 wins total there was a run of 3 draws of 4 in total UNDEFEATED in 13 championship games manager was LJ.
    Yep LJ had some long losing runs but DH has only been in charge of a full season for 12 games so has 3 more to go yet …
    for the record … by no means complete ….
    SEPT 2018 4 W ...DEC 17 4W D W … aug sept 2017 10 undefeated 4w 6d APRIL 2017 4W D == and no win streaks were longer.

Supcon72 likes this.
  4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The return of my personal creepy stalker.

5. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Where to start? Just because I don’t subscribe to your view it doesn’t make me a ‘hater’. I have always on this forum listed the positives that LJ gave the club and the better state that he left the club in, I cannot of course legislate for you not having read those posts.

I have always been as far as managers are concerned a ‘the king is dead, long live the king’ sort of a fan rather than dwelling on something I will never have any control whatsoever over.

And that stretches from Fred Ford to the present day. I try to look for the positives that they left rather than the negatives of recent history that led to their demise, sometimes it’s easier with some managers than with others.

But my view is totally balanced backed up by fact, luckily I was bored and can list those facts:-

2016/2017 season - 6 wins in first 11 games.

5 wins out of the next 29 games, 18 defeats including a run of 8 straight defeats.

And culminating in just 1 defeat in the last 6 games.

2017/2018 season - only 3 defeats in first 24 games.

Only 4 wins in final 22 games.

2018/2019 season - Without doubt his most consistent season for us, only 14 defeats all season, all rather streaky but a season undone by too many draws, maybe that was the season that we actually missed out?.

2019/2020 season - Normal service resumed.

Only 3 defeats in first 20 games.

Only 6 wins and 13 defeats in the next 21 games of his tenure.

So I think that my view is incredibly balanced over this particular issue.

So far.

6. realred1952

[ in context, and maybe a lucky miscomment unbeaten ] you beat me to a post .. was going to add to my post but didn't, but put right the second part! and highlighted some of the runs to conform to un beaten runs … and there is probably more.
    But in any case they are all relevant to fixtures / injuries etc as my post #18 would intimate

7. realred1952

I am still waiting for the answer to my question this is 4th time of asking.

8. realred1952

sorry you made a statement ….

and you were wrong, great you have found a shovel and are about to dig yourself out!

9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I am not sure what question that was, your posts rarely have any questions.

But I am assuming it was my quote about your mental illness quip, I actually brought it up with you at the time and you chose to ignore it then, as I am doing now.

10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Jiffie, ffs.

He's a box of frogs, ignore him.

11. realred1952

sorry cant say you have a balance at all you have highlighted mainly negative result strings to do a presentation as you have you need to include about 6 times more information to include a balance of the periods that would take in the positive over negative.
    Statistics can be made to do what ever you favour, by changing the number of string results to start and finish at difference gives a completely different picture.
    I have a string 168 results .. in colour black red and yellow W L D … amazing what could do with it... group of 10 or 15 or 6 or 20 or 23 etc each tells a story!

12. realred1952

you see I have no recollection of it … so I can only assume it more waffle from the ministry of mis information and does not exist. I have explained my work and assistance over the years from 1983 when I first assisted PHAB and the efforts of fundraising and actions since … probably totals well over £20k now... my current project is Action for Children …. look it up not just homeless but have mental scars from the past ….
    so please for the fifth time which post? and which posts did we discuss it? simple question just needs a simple answer … cant be that hard?

13. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s confidence driven, sides are so close anyone can beat anyone else, it seems when we are confident we somehow manage to find a way to win close games, alternatively when we lack confidence we seem to wonder where the next point is coming from, when sides are so closely matched confidence can make all the difference.

14. realred1952

totally concur, every team has a hiccup, be it winning or losing. When you look at the bigger picture W D L is the result, however your W or theres, could be the result of both teams having a cracking game, or a poor one and the ref giving a last minute penalty or free kick near the box which results show was unfounded [ benefit of hindsight ]
    other factors for consideration as you say, confidence or lack of, key players ill, howling gale or adverse weather … unlucky mis kick. A team quite often hits a purple patch and wins against all form odds or hits a black patch where nothing goes right.
    that is often the difference between the so called "armchair managers who believe they know everything but reality is know jack schitt" and the real thing the real backroom staff who see it as it is...
    My opinion is based on 1) fixture 2) who it is 3) when /where it is 4) circumstances or mitigations

15. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Pot and kettle springs to mind...

16. realred1952

RP your comments sadly betray your undoubted intelligence. Why try to defend the minister of the Ministry of mis information, when he supposedly had an argument about mental health with me, resorts to calling people names..calls them liars or bullies and hides in his box? :emoticon-0160-movie

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Pack it in John it's getting boring and people are getting fed up with it.

Redprintt likes this.
  18. realred1952

fed up with me defending myself! giving back what I take ?

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I've allowed this to bicker on for days, it's not your private Friday meeting or hunting ground, I'm not going to argue with you, if it carries on I'll suspend your account for a week and then take further action if necessary.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Redprintt likes this.
  20. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Seems a bit harsh Wiz?