1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Hull City – Friday 30th July 2021 - KO 19:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Jul 28, 2021.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Jul 30, 2021.
  1. Home win

37.8%
  2. Away win

20.0%
  3. Draw

33.3%
  4. Meh - who cares!

8.9%
  1. Wayne the Punk

Wayne the Punk Well-Known Member

I think he is our best Keeper, he will come for crosses, he has good reactions and his distribution is good. Burge is immobile and barley moves off his line, the kid for me all the way

2. Wayne the Punk

Brave finish?

clockstander likes this.
  3. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Yeah. Heading a ball as you’re travelling towards and less than a foot from a large lump of metal which could cause quite a bit of pain.

smithy in nl likes this.
  4. Wayne the Punk

Wow, thats brave? half the lads on this site would have smashed "the large lump of metal" to score a goal for the lads. I need to see it again as it sounds like he has actually risked his life for the club

Just checked, from about 3:11seconds no where near the life endangering piece of metal. Are you his dad?

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2021/july/highlights-vs-hull-city

5. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

The trouble for me Wayne is that his 'faults' are being repeated on here so often they're becoming set in stone. Someone had to be to blame, for failing last season, and he won the raffle imo.

His distribution is generally good and his positioning is fine. The endless changes in defence wouldn't have helped any keeper. I believe the defence made him nervous, not the other way round. He was often receiving backpasses that should've been kicked into row Z.

The problem now is that people have decided he's shyte so highlight any error while Patterson's are waved aside.

6. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

Have to say I’m really impressed with Stewart’s movement in the final third. He makes excellent runs and seems a smart finisher. A completely different player to Wyke.

7. Wayne the Punk

Have to disagree, his distribution is rubbish and he is always rooted to his line, he should command the 6 yard box, and he never will. Patterson will get better, I doubt Burge will

8. Wayne the Punk

A footballer?

clockstander, Oliver's Army and rb92 like this.
  9. Wayne the Punk

That has always been the case, once you are ****e you are always ****e according to some. I just think he is a better keeper

10. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

He will definitely create a lot of space for others to get in and get goals with his movement. We have seen Embleton driving at defences and no doubt Onien will do the same from a deeper position.
    Stewart won't get 30 goal but there is a good chance we will score more goals as a team than last season imo.

Robertson, sheepman, Dorset and 3 others like this.

11. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

Must be nice for the midfielders to look up and see someone making an intelligent run instead of Wyke just standing there with a defender up his arse.

Smug in Boots and Oliver's Army like this.
  12. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

Bang on. I’m confident we’ll score more this season with Stewart leading the line and midfielders chipping in a lot more than last season.

clockstander and Wayne the Punk like this.
  13. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Southampton FC has promised to refund all general admission ticket holders after hundreds of fans were left queuing outside St Mary's Stadium.

Fans complained at missing up to 30 minutes of the opening home game of the Premier League season at St Mary's - the first with a full crowd after Covid restrictions were lifted.

The club said a new system to scan tickets took "significantly longer" than in testing.

It has apologised to all fans affected.

The Premier League tie against Manchester United on Sunday was the first competitive match played at the stadium since lockdown restrictions on crowd numbers were lifted.

Social media posts showed queues still outside the stadium as the 14:00 BST kick-off approached, with fans complaining of "long lines" of supporters and others describing the entry as a "shambles".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-58303011

Oliver's Army likes this.
  14. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Aye, I saw the pictures on Sky. Crackers.

There are a canny few clubs having bother with their electronic ticketing systems. Wonder if it's all the same provider.

Smug in Boots likes this.