1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Wigan Athletic Saturday 5th December - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Dec 3, 2020.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Dec 5, 2020.
  1. Home win

75.3%
  2. Away win

5.5%
  3. Draw

19.2%
  1. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

to add:

i like hume, i like that he is direct and whips the ball in but McFadzean was really trying to play in and around the box...something we have lacked and something for the new boss to work on maybe?

we really need to work on set pieces, corners/crosses were atrocious, either no one in the middle willing/able to attack the ball or far too close to the keeper ( a lot went directly to him) corners not beating the first man,our best chances came (yeh i know...) when we played the ball into the box.

no blame on the new lads though but now they will have a far better idea of what they have to work with and as i said earlier, it will be the 2nd half of the season before we really see any improvement, it will also be a massive boost to get the likes of onien and gooch back and hopefully be able to give benji a chance.

2. BOYCEY

BOYCEY Active Member

Spot on, I only hope he gets the support to rectify these problems from those above him.

3. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Voices being supressed in the dressing room? Thoughts on who that comment might be about?

Movent in the box poor....we know who that is.

4. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

But easy isn’t :emoticon-0102-bigsm

clockstander likes this.
  5. samwise_new

just watched his after match chat...seems to have identified exactly where improvement is needed (sounds obvious but parky appeared to miss it altogether) so now needs some back up in the window.

our problem, as ever, is that we have some players who will be hard to get rid of due to the wage cap now in place and although i really hate to say it, our best bet might be to get them in and sort out a 'handshake' to cancel any contract and let them go as free agents...graham needs peddling, possibly grigg unless LJ can get a tune out of him, wyke has at least managed to bounce a couple of balls into the net but he would be on the list to go as well, try to get some of that paceand power in that he talked about.

i still think the squad should be good enough to take this league but we HAVE to start getting goals...this result is somewhere akin to 'that' Reading result all those years ago that kind of kick started the PR era, hopefully this is the bollock kick they all need.

smithy in nl, RTB, Robertson and 4 others like this.
  6. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

With the money we have now I would tell all the old fat f uckers to do one and attack the rest of the season with the youngans and whoever we can get in in January hopefully with the summer window aswell we will piss next season because believe me it’s pointless going up with that pile of ****e

7. Oliver's Army

No video but the Echos interview

smithy in nl and Robertson like this.
  8. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

Pretty devastating post match summary.
    Hit the nail on the head with his summary of immediate things to sort.
    Bodies in the box, pace and power.
    I’m liking this guy.
    But we’ll see where we are by Jan.

BOYCEY, Robertson, Dorset and 2 others like this.
  9. Class of 73

Class of 73 Well-Known Member

Yep. We can, YET AGAIN, only hope. I suggest he starts by finding out which UTTER idiot up the chain thought that it would be a good idea to bring back Danny Graham. I do not know of a single SAFC supporter that thought that to be remotely sensible, so whoever it was needs to also go; they can share the taxi with Graham.
    We keep the faith, they take the piss.

BOYCEY and rooch 3 like this.
  10. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

1st step on the SAFC ROUNDABOUT!!

Best of Luck Lee. You’ll need it.

Good post match interview - nice to see a manager who knows where the camera is.

Bart

Robertson and rooch 3 like this.

11. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Didn't see our game as I was at a non-league one but it doesn't sound good. Bloody hell though, doesn't Lee Johnson speak well? I bloody love him! If he fails here, I don't think it'll be through lack of enthusiasm.

RTB, Nacho and Oliver's Army like this.
  12. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

He was refreshingly bang on, no ****e cliches.

I look forward to seeing what he can do with the current crop, who he brings in and who he peddles. There's at least three tandems worth in that squad to get shot of... good luck Lee.

Robertson, RTB, rooch 3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. BRMC

BRMC Well-Known Member

Grigg has been doing well with the link up play. He's also been chasing things down.

McGeady is rusty and will probably be off around the 60minute

We all know about Maguire. He does **** all for a few games and
    You certainly are lord of the rings.

14. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

Nice to hear about what he needs to work on in coaching sessions. Single most important thing for any side is what they do on the training ground. What happens on match days is a direct result of what is done on the training pitch.

Robertson and Oliver's Army like this.
  15. Oliver's Army

Agree. The results of that are about 6 weeks away though. I think he will get it right, just needs time.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  16. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

He doesn't seem like someone who would give up when facing difficulties, I think he'd be creative and keep on trying different things to crack the problem.

He's not like any manager we've had before that I can think of. Unlike you I watched the game so I'm a bit too depressed to be too enthusiastic because it was bloody awful, but it feels like if anyone can sort our club out it'll be someone like him.

Robertson, Dorset and The Norton Cat like this.
  17. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

It does seem different, doesn't it? Brilliant to hear him talk about the game like that. Like you say though, maybe if I'd seen the game I wouldn't think that quite so much.

18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I don't hold him accountable at all for the match it's just dampened my spirits a bit, to be fair to him the formation and team selection should have been a lot better to watch than it was.

It'll be interesting to see the lineup for the next game. He obviously didn't really like anything that he saw apart from McGeady maybe.

RTB and The Norton Cat like this.
  19. samwise_new

i have absolutely no idea what you are attempting to infer by that, please either be clear or don't bother.

clockstander likes this.
  20. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

With our club you will not stop the rot at the bottom till you stop it at the top. Only us can make these appointments in the middle of a supposed takeover. Talk about keeping your fans in the dark.