1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supporters Committee Meeting

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

I am too young to have been around in the early 60's but I was surprised to read a few years back that censorship in theatres was only abandoned in the 60's.

And that Pete Cook's mocking impersonation of Harold MacMillan in a theatre was, at the time, deemed disgraceful by the upper classes.

How times change.

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Not just the upper classes. Things were changingbthen and it was great fun to see it happening, especially as it upset your parents. Though it has in time gone too far in the opposite direction in too many ways. It isn't as much fun either when there isn't much to protest against and less constraints.
    Another well know case around that time was when they put the publishers of Lady Chatterley's Lover on trial for obscenity. The QC lost the case when he asked the jury " Is this the sonrt of book you would want your wife or servants to read?" , which caused guffaws in the court and was all over the papers to show how out of touch these people were.

Don't know if you have seen this. Peter Cook did his McMillan years later. Love the bit where he explains no one is more against apartheid than him..

Chilton's Hundreds likes this.
  3. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Surely the original "Pattie Buttie" is top dog.

4. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I guess they are just ticking the box of 'Fan Consultation' as they certainly never actually listen to anything the fans say
    no wonder most people have no interest in attending

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I saw this on another thread which kind of resonates with that.(ish)

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment.
    The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

The older lady said that she was right -- our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on to explain:
    Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.
    We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.

Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.
    Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blade in a r azor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the"green thing." We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off... Especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smartass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.

6. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

No chance. A cold steak and kiddley is wonderful. <ok>

I like them hot, too.

7. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Pork pie and branstons pickle.. ooooh yea

8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I despair

Kempton and Edelman like this.
  9. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I give up.

Kempton and dennisboothstash like this.
  10. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

A sad day for culinary culture

Edelman likes this.

11. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Up there with the worst I'd say.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  12. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

<laugh> And I thought you'd roughed it! <whistle>

13. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

You'd think he'd have enjoyed a few cold meals.

Not like those ****ing hexxy burner things ever looked like they'd work.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Come back James Mooney, all is forgiven.

James might not have managed to get Ehab to give the fans the things they asked for at these sort of meetings, but at least he acknowledged the issues existed and did attempt to sort some of them.

Tom Rowell denies there's a rift between the fans and the owners (despite even the owners acknowledging it), claims their feedback is largely positive (obviously never looked at the club's social media accounts), says the club is called Hull City Tigers and there's no deliberate avoidance of the use of 'Hull City', despite it quite obviously being the case and the anger it causes being common knowledge.

We've got our very own Comical Ali.

15. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

I'm sure his hunt for a new job in football is ongoing, after all it wouldn't be the first move he's had, or the second, or the third, or the fourth in a long and distinguished near five year football career!

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

16. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are all filled with negative comments and responses towards the club. When he denies it, people should show him one of these many messages.

17. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Hexxy burners are great, work a treat.

18. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

People should just stop giving the ****er an audience.

balkan tiger, Cortez91 and Edelman like this.
  19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

This is going from bad to worse. I can't fight a millionaire who hates me.

I'll wait...

And now I've just stubbed my ****ing toe. **** me that hurt rather a lot.

Ffs!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Yay, the saga of the mirrors in the women's toilet is over. <ok>

please log in to view this image