1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supporters of Southampton Football Club

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SL Saint, Feb 7, 2012.

1. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

i agree, the time we need to get behind the team most is when we're losing. i've always like leeds because their fans do just that

2. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I guess if we were really interested in progressing in the FA Cup, the other 20,000 fans would have turned up?

3. SFC5BAG

SFC5BAG Member

Got to agree with this and then how often do Leeds up their game and come back with a
    late goal.
    As fans we tend to get edgy and we create a tense atmosphere when we are losing . As a fan in the stadium
    if we can sense it, just imagine how the players feel. We have a great fan base and should be using this
    to our advantage to ward off visiting teams.

4. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Exactly! TOGETHER AS ONE!

Last year even when we went behind, there was a feeling that we would win (MK Dons anyone). Even this season at the beginning, we went behind, the fans believed, so the players believed.

It is our duty at home to get behind them 100% from the first to the 95th minute. They do not play badly on purpose. Football is all about confidence and momentum and we can instill the confidence for the players to gain the momentum.

Come on you reds, 3 point on Saturday! WE CAN DO THIS!!

5. letissier86

letissier86 Well-Known Member

The only problem is OP you are preaching to the converted. Most of the sensible supporters on here have not taken anything for granted and are still, relative to our aims at the start of the season, ecstatic that we are in the top two. It's the rest of the rabble that are the problem.I don't know whether it's a societal thing or a southern thing but it's getting worse. Saints fans are some of the most spoilt, fickle and moany fans around and it really pains me to say it! We've just got to do our bit and hope the results do the rest.

COYR!!!