1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supporters Trust

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by dick plumb, Mar 1, 2015.

1. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I got to the third paragraph.

3. typical

typical Well-Known Member

He had to go. So does the trust.

I'm not going to say what he did was noble nor do I feel it was for the greater good of the club. He and the other trust give themselves away too often - say this do that. Anything.

One day they will have a cause and then and only then will they be recognised. I hope now that the trust realise that entitlement does not come for a fiver

4. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

More navel gazing....

5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It just seemed a bit long winded. I'd personally feel a bit embarrassed if someone went to that much trouble to explain what I did. It almost feel like they were trying to justify the work over the last 2 years.

But that stems from my concerns and distrust to CAST.

6. Kent Addick

Kent Addick Member

In haste as I head for the Valley hoping to see our fourth win in five, but it seems to me that is time for the Supporters Trust to shut up and try to rebuild the bridges that it so recklessly burnt with the club under Barnie.

The newtwork is clearly working to our advantage with the success of Watt, Bulot, Ben Haim and the much under-rated Buyens, Have we lost anyone in the opposite direction? Not to my knowledge.

We've got the experienced British championship players people asked for in the likes of Johnson and Eagles.

There is plenty of 'dialogue' going on, with Katrien attending meetings of East Kent Addicks and Bromley Addicks.

We're scoring goals. We're staying up. And the atmos in the ground on Sat was the best in years.

Duchatalet and Meire seem to have admitted they made mistakes in player recruitment (Koc, Nego, Thuram) and have made amends with some superb signings over the last eight weeks (Watt, Eagles, Johnson, Diarra). The Trust should now admit that is has made mistakes, too, and then let's see if we can all pull together and build on the feelgood factor that has returned to the Valley big time since what, with hindsight, now looks like an ill-advised display of pique at the public meeting.

charltonchav likes this.
  7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

One important development IMO is that the scouting has passed to Phil Chapple. Roland must have realised his Fantastic European Scouting Network are useless.

8. Kent Addick

Kent Addick Member

Is anyone still complaining about the process by which Luzon was appointed?

Duchatalet has now appointed three managers and two of them - Riga and Luzon - have proved to be top footballing brains. The third, Peeters, wasn't quite in the same class as a thinker and analyst,. but even he got off to a great start before his over-caution got the better of him.

Surely it's time to let Duchatalet and Meire get on with running the club and for the busy bodies and ****-stirrers to stop jeering impotently from the sidelines and get behind the project. They clearly have worked out what they're doing after initial errors and are doing it superbly. They have assembled a cracking squad that now has genuine depth - Jackson, Solly, Ben Haim, Johnson, Gudmondsson and Wiggins were all missing tonight and we still beat the league's form team.

Duchatalet and Meire saw off the G21 protest last season and they've seen off the Supporters Trust protest this season, answering both in the best way possible - with goals and attractive football.It really, really is time for the Militant Tendency to shut up, because the protesters, last season and this, have just turned out to be an embarrassing laughing stock.

charltonchav likes this.
  9. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

Didn't like the way Luzon was parachuted in with the lies (cannot believe they interviewed 3 championship experienced managers as KM claimed) which were not needed. But whatever he is doing its working & I will concede he is chief coaching extremely well. However come the end of the season what will happen with all the players we have on loan & the contracted ones possibly worth a few £ profit, will we keep them or have to start all over again with a fresh batch of new players. I won't be purchasing a season ticket until I have a clearer picture of what Charlton will be on the pitch at the start of next season, established pushing for promotion or new boys needing to gel again.

10. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

You are so easily fooled IA. People like you were gushing over Peeters after his equally 'good' start. You just don't get it, do you...the bond that English/London football fans want to feel with their football club. How many young Charlton fans do you think will be buying "Buyens" shirts next season? Answer - none. Because he will be back at Liege.

11. CafcFactsStats

CafcFactsStats Well-Known Member

12. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Me too. I signed up a couple of years ago.

13. CafcFactsStats

14. CafcFactsStats

15. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I would pay money for a share in CAFC.
    Even though I am aware that shares bought and held by normal fans can be cancelled or otherwise made worthless by rich and powerful people, and nothing can be done about it. I understand this has happened in the past.

I will not pay money to Nimer, Duchatelet or any other CAFC owner.

16. CafcFactsStats

Had fingers burned when I purchased shares in the club before so would be very reculatant to do so again. Valley Gold was set up in 30 years ago to put money into us getting back home.

Are the trust looking to do a similar scheme?

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  17. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I fully understand fans who lost money in the past through share schemes may not wish to be ripped off again.
    Royston was always very strong on this point.

Personally I've never lost money that way, so I would be willing to buy shares this time around - though as mentioned before I'm fully aware any shares I buy can be rendered worthless by people who are richer and cleverer than me, using methods I would not even understand.

Charlton Athletic is worth trying to save.
    If I can help, I will.
    But I'm not ever going to pay money to some stranger who claims they are acting in the interests of the Club.

18. CafcFactsStats

19. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

I would gladly donate some money if I thought the club would benefit but no way would I if in any way it goes to towards the fat cats getting fatter !

The Elfsborg Sparrow likes this.
  20. lardiman

Forum Moderator

And the numbers don't really add up do they.

To buy the Club (all of it) and run it for even two seasons you're going to need maybe £60 million.
    And that's a frugal estimate.
    Even if 10,000 Charlton fans coughed up an equal amount each, it would be £6,000 a head.

We're about to spend a decade in the worst global depression for 90 years. Maybe ever.
    Sorry, I can't manage 6 grand.