1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supreme Trial Haydock Sat 19th Jan

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Reebok, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Just been looking at this one.

The Lieutenant's Angel's Breath put in an angel's breathtaking performance lto and will undoubtedly start odds on. Therefore the 7-4 currently available on Betfair and PP must be taken advantage of! No jockey bookings as yet, and Hendo does have another runner.

An odd thing I spotted is regarding the bottom weight Idilico. Entered as a 3yo in a race for 4yo+ I thought it was just a typo, but he has been given what looks like a 3yo's allowance, being 11lb lower than the next lowest.
    Going off his form, he probably couldn't win with a further 11lb allowance, but it does look odd :)

Or am I missing something obvious? I usually am :D

Pilgrim likes this.
  2. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Idilico is four

3. NassauBoard

And runs tomorrow too

4. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Yeah - saw he was 4yo but couldn't figure out why he would be so much lower weighted. I reckon someone cocked up - can they adjust weights prior to the last decs if a mistake is spotted?

5. stick

stick Bumper King

RACE CONDITIONS £30,000 guaranteedFor 4yo+Weights 4yo 10st 7lb; 5yo+ 11st 4lbPenalties a winner of a Class 2 weight-for-age or Class 1 handicap hurdle 3lb; of a Class 1 weight-for-age hurdle 5lbWeight for age 4yo from 5yo+ 11lbAllowances fillies & mares 7lb

4yo = 10st 7lb

Reebok and NassauBoard like this.
  6. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Here endeth the lesson

7. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

All shall be revealed :)

8. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

..... and the final kicker .....

Nicky Henderson is leading towards running Mister Fisher – rather than stablemate Angels Breath – in the Sky Bet Supreme Trial Rossington Main Novices’ Hurdle at Haydock.

Angels Breath is ante-post favourite for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival after making an impressive debut under rules in the Kennel Gate at Ascot last month.

Henderson suggested last Saturday that he could take his next step on the road to Prestbury Park on Merseyside this weekend, but he is now considering running impressive Kempton winner Mister Fisher instead.

Speaking at Newbury on Wednesday, he said: “We have got Angels Breath and Mister Fisher in at Haydock, but there might be a change in that Mister Fisher goes there.

“We are just looking at trach washes and maybe we will juggle the pack around a bit. I need to see what comes out of Angels Breath’s trach wash.

“We entered Angels Breath at Ascot on Saturday as well, but we only put him in to try and scare them away in that race for Downtown Getaway and Before Midnight – who will both probably run.”

9. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Might that be considered playing with not quite the straightest of straight bats?

Sir Barney Chuckles likes this.
  10. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

I absolutely adore this one – Downtown Getaway not the Liuetenant! But it’s hardly the most ringing endorsement now is it?!? I had to do a bit of ‘nudge, nudge, wink, wink’ type stuff to boast his chances.

Don’t think the forum’s favourite trainers plan really worked though as the race has still attracted Miss Lavelle’s Lisnagar Oscar (Grade 2 runner-up last time) and the 137 rated Moonlighter.

11. stick

stick Bumper King

To be fair you do "absolutely adore the Lieutenant" also!

Sir Barney Chuckles likes this.
  12. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

I say, old boy, steady on. I don’t want to make the front page of the ‘Sunday papers’.

It looks like the above mentioned Lisnagar Oscar, incidentally, is going to Chepstow, of the morrow (1.35), rather than Ascot on Saturday. For a £6,300 event, by the way, that Chepstow heat looks exceptional.

13. NassauBoard

We will see.