1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swans fight in training before chelsea

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

2. Norway-jack

I had to laugh at the last bit " one player was caught re fuelling with crisps at half time "

Sounds like a fookin' disaster zone down there to me lads.

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Another daily fail article. No quotes and no mention of those involved in the fights.

4. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

This probably means that Bony, quite possibly our best player, will be on his way as Jenkins will want to get rid of £58k a week as quickly as possible. So much for Monk's motivation and team spirit ethic.

I'm beginning to think that with the board we have, we have no right to be a Premier League club. They did well in helping us get there but staying there is looking like a real problem.

It's a fact of life that better players earn more money than "lesser" ones. If the board have failed to sell that to the players then they have failed in a fundamental of the job. As for the players, those who can't accept it (whoever they are), can ship out elsewhere but they'll find the same situation wherever they go.

What a pig's guts of a club we're becoming.

5. Norway-jack

So is it total bollocks like the articles about Laudrups bust up,monk and chico fighting etc,etc

C'mon mate, they aint got much wrong have they and it would explain why there were the likes of foulton on the bench , dont you think ?

6. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

7. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I ain't questioning the story, it adds the dots to the bench players picked yesterday, it's just this paper pisses me off. Could have named one or two of the players.

8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

How can the board be blamed for a training ground punch up?

9. Norway-jack

Ivor, i dont think for one moment Bony is on that amount of money per week but the rest of the article is almost certainly true(i wasnt there) i will say that Bony s whole package probably comes to that figure though,taking into account siging on fees etc,etc.

His wages were quoted by our chairman as being within our wage structure he obviously got a big signing on fee to make the move attractive so i would expect his overall package to be around the figure quoted but not his wages :)

Sounds a shambles down there Ivor, a definite split in the camp and players not happy with Monk .

10. JackCwm

JackCwm Member

The most crucial quote if you believe it is that GM was attempting to REPAIR relations between players. Because they had broken down prior to his appointment.

11. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

If it's all true it may just re-inforce the idea that Jenkins/Monk will have a big clean-out in the summer and Swansea City are going back to basics.

But what a mess (if it's true).

12. Norway-jack

Its fair to assume that sources are protected for fear of reprisal but the leaks arnt coming from players that are happy !

The board have helped to create the whole mess by indulging some of the senior players,plain and simple. there has to be a them and us attittude otherwise the lines get blurred and players overstep the mark.

13. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

f**k me !! Our organization is like the " Keystone Cops " the moment the tranfer window closed in the new year , a total embarsessment . I cant wait till next season is here and dont really care which league frankly . What could have been and what is , is enough to make me sick ....

14. JackCwm

JackCwm Member

The article suggests that some players have issues with others over their work ethic. Well most work places would agree with that principle.

15. Norway-jack

Not really because it now appears he has picked sides in the argument and not the best players to start on the bench for Chelsea. If there are reationship break downs that doesnt mean people cant work together when they cross the white line.

Monk seems to have drawn a line in the sand here, 3 jenkins signings on the bench against Chelsea ..hmm.

Hopefully storm in a tea cup but i get the feeling some of the players arnt happy with how Laudrup has been treated and some wernt happy when laudrup was here, we all know the sides dont we ?

How long was Michu injured for again ? still having problems with his ankle isnt he ? ..hmm

16. JackCwm

JackCwm Member

Norway the relationships had broken down under Laudrup. I'm sorry but it is true. I wanted ML to stay he brought class and prestige to the Club and City but the players no longer believed in him. It broke my heart when he went but sometimes the truth hurts. I could say a bit more ( not a lot) but they had had no belief in him anymore.

17. Norway-jack

Wouldn't disagree Jackcwm but your not asking why it broke down!

Basically what the club have done is appoint one of Laudrups dissenters to manage the club,well that was only ever going to end one way wasnt it ? it aint rocket science, Monk was a problem when Sousa was in charge also ,read his pamplet(book) about it .

So Monks gets control and takes sides ,its human nature im afraid to say, it also explains why there was a bust up with him and Chico ,throwing his weight around a bit too much and before he got the nod to manager the team,jumped the gun a little bit maybe .

Whatever the situation appointing Monk was wrong on so many levels, im not blind to Laudrups failings either but the very least to expect was to appoint a qualified person to maintain our prem status.

The board and Monk are making us a laughing stock im afraid to say, it really hurts to say that by the way.

18. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

Yea, totally agree.
    I hope Monk stays on in the summer. Gets rid of a bunch of our Spanish imports. Chico and Canas can start. He has given us such a bad name since he's been here...caused more trouble than good.
    Probably Michu will go. I hope the reason he hasn't played well all season is the injury, but it could very well be something to do with Laudrup.

I'm glad Monk has split up the nationalities sitting with each other. It can't be good for the team as a whole. Tired of seeing the pictures on twitter of the six Spanish lads out and about together all the time.

Hopefully Rangels been behaving himself. Not had the best season though has he.

19. JackCwm

JackCwm Member

ML continually selected one of the Spanish players to be on the bench who was woefully short of confidence and form. This was pointed out to him by players and others to no avail. This led to the player being very publicly criticised by his Captain in a game, indeed so loud that the Manager could hear. Another issue was the selection of. Spanish player before a player who was highly regarded in the squad. Finally our Spanish defender was a supporter of the longer serving players. Hopefully this will make sense.

20. Norway-jack

I also hope Monk stays on in the summer...but coaching the kids and not the first team.