1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swans V Liverpool Match Thread

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Dilligaf, Sep 11, 2013.

1. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Minolet's jump over the top of Bony was far more dangerous lol. And even that was not a foul :p

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I agree with the first part but not the 2nd, Coutinho got injured because of a foul there was no theatrics. I don't see it as a talking point tbh foul yellow card and unfortunate that he got injured simple as that.

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Good goalkeeping that. <whistle>

I'm off laters.

4. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Cheers luv

What a game though...really enjoyed

5. Coutinho's Through Ball

I hope we rake in a few more quids as performance related bonuses, we sold him a tad too cheap. Chap looks like he could have a good season.

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

What utter rubbish and as i have said before....excuses excuses excuses...Dyer is not a one man band so how can you blame him for liverpool bossing all the first half..<doh> so you are saying once dyer went off all of a sudden we could pass the ball again..<laugh> ...thats a good one that i will have to remember that one..<laugh>...If you can't see the difference in the two halves then i would forget watching the swans if i was you as you are wasting your money..<laugh>

7. swanselona

Good goalkeeping I totally agree, but more dangerous (although not really dangerous, just more :p) than Williams purpose move to stop Coutinho :) It was just unfortunate he got injured.

8. swanselona

Are you that stupid. With a winger not in the game, everything goes down one channel, you don't open the game up, come on Dai, I know you don't often know what your talking about, but come on, try and use a bit of common sense. Makes it so easy for the defending team.

However once Dyer was taken off and we used both sides, they didn't know which way to turn, opening up more space for us to attack.

And your point about Dyer being a one man band, tell that to any team who go down to 10 men, they struggle too 9/10, so your point being?

When your playing with a man down (because he certainly wasn't in the game), against a team who can pass and close down like Liverpool, then your going to struggle.

9. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Dai, not even the Liverpool fans think they bossed the first half because they didn't !!

What it was, was a cracking game if football between two sides that play the right way

10. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Sorry but if someone has to relift one leg while its still in the air (he kept it up as it was on its way down therefore taking away any sort of power) as high as your waist, there is no reason whatsoever that you can't run straight through it. Coutiniho goes over it - and I'm not saying that as a dig to him because literally all players do it - and hurts himself on the landing. Nothing dangerous about it, just unfortunate for coutiniho.

11. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

The bottom line (and the stats dont lie) is that our Premier league form since the beginning of Sept is that we are undefeated with 4 pts from 6 and thats a fact :)

12. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

what a mad game that was . shelvey ! what can you say ? pleasure and pain in one head fcuk of a match for him hahaha hope it lifts him when the dust settles.
    I thought routledge had a good game worked his ass off and leon was composed in the middle but sturidge mom f*** off ! had to be shelvey mun ?
    first half hoped for a draw , in the end felt 2 points dropped but up to 13th feels a bit better .

13. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Talking of rubbish Dai, perhaps you'd like to explain the change of tactics then? The only thing that changed second half was we got stuck in, and didn't drop any clangers, Dyer going off was inevitable, why he wouldn't run today, I do not know, felt sorry for shelvey with his disastrous back pass, but give him a few more games, and he'll click into place with no trouble. For all of Dai's bulling up Rodgers and Liverpool, we completely controlled the game second half, and bit of a shame we couldn't get the winner, hats off to Laudrup for taking dyer off, and pleased for Michu again, this boy is solid gold!

Now to the nitty gritty, Ben Davies!!! this boy was terrific today, both Him and Leon and Ashley had an awesome game, and their link up play was a joy to see second half, pleased that Routledge started motoring second half too caused no end of problems for their right back.

Back to DaiScouser, if there was ever a game that showed who was the best manager then today's game was it, just check the stats lads, we were better in every department, so much for Dai's crap regarding Laudrup don't know what he's doing!..<cheers>

14. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Just looked on Sky and possession was 49-51 in the 1st half (no domination from anyone there) in the 2nd half it was 70-30, overall 59% to their 41%. 16-10 in shots, 9-5 on target.

Two points dropped

15. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Best game I've seen from routs this season, thought he was very direct with his running second half, looked a different player!

16. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

After we stopped playing so deep, around the 30 minute mark, I thought we were easily the better side.

17. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

But Liverpool didn't boss all the first half, in fact, Swansea created more chances and Liverpool were fed scraps which they took with both hands. Fair play to them there, they capitalised in deadly fashion but they only outperformed Swansea for a quarter hour... It felt like more as it always does was your team is under the cosh but likewise time flies when you are outperforming the opposition.

We created our goals, they were gifted theirs. :)

18. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

What a crazy game of football - still don't know what to make of it. Just read through the thread and to say we were bossed by Liverpool is laughable. Much of their neat passing possession was in their own half and basically we let them have it - the stats show they didn't create many chances.

After a great start, Shelvey dropped a bollock which broke our confidence and the second cock up knocked the stuffing out of the team and fans.

I would have subbed him at half time, but fair play to laudrup he stuck to his guns and kept shelvey on. And fair play to Shelvey it took a lot of balls to come out for the second half after two gaffs like that.

Come the second half Liverpools passing game deteriorated and their fans will tell you that their second half performances have been poor this season. There was only one team in it and as the Swans confidence grew it seemed a matter of time before we scored the winner - we could have done with another five minutes.

I cant say it was a great game of football because there were too many mistakes from both sides. Perhaps a dramatic, messy, exciting, rollercoaster evening at The Liberty seems more appropriate.

I said at the start I would love a point. I am happy with the point - but it could and should have been three. A great night of Premiership football - and it was live on SKY!

PREMIER LEAGUE - AND WE'RE STILL HAVING A LAUGH <laugh>

19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Definitly 2 points dropped, shame that Shelvey gifted them 2 goals though, at critical moments, but we bounced back, what I liked second half was the fact that we got stuck right into them!.....................<cheers>

PS By the way lads the games are now going to come thick and fast, we have a game every 3 days!!!!! So Laudrup has got to use the squad well...........<ok>

20. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

The way these games congest, Laudrup sure will earn his money this year. I honestly cannot think of anyone else I would rather at our helm though.

Off tangent....
    Sky lucked out when they chanced upon Gary Neville, much to everyones surprise. It seems lightning doesnt strike twice when they employed Carragher, what a total prick.