1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 0 v 3 Tottenham Hotspur

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur
    please log in to view this image

FA Cup 6th Round
    Date - 17 March 2018
    Kick Off - 12.15
    Venue - Liberty Stadium

Following their hard fought 0-0 draw away at fellow relegation rivals Huddersfield where they were forced to play with 10 men from the 11th minute, next up for Carlos Carvalhal's battling Swans is the visit of high flying Spurs for a home Quarter-Final clash in the FA Cup.

Since taking the reins at the Liberty Stadium, Carvalhal has suffered just the one defeat at the Liberty, and that was against Spurs on 2 January when the Swans went down 0-2.

However, the seeds of the recovery that we have seen under Carvalhal were very much in evidence that evening: indeed, the Swans were in many respects very unlucky. Llorente's opener was clearly offside and Spurs could - nay should - have been reduced to 10 players early in the second half when Davinson Sanchez, who had already been booked, clattered Martin Olsson but was not shown a second yellow card by referee Bobby Madley.

This is their first Cup Match since Tottenham's Champions League ambitions came crashing down at Wembley as Juventus produced two goals inside three second-half minutes to decide the destiny of their last-16 tie.

Son Heung-min's scrambled finish six minutes before the interval strengthened Spurs' position at Wembley after they recovered from two goals down to draw the first leg in Turin 2-2.

Tottenham appeared to be in control until Gonzalo Higuain turned in Sami Khedira's flick to give Juventus a 64th-minute lifeline - which they capitalised on ruthlessly and Paulo Dybala raced clear for the decisive goal three minutes later.

The Swans have played Spurs on 45 occasions, winning just 8 times, losing 28 and drawing 9. Indeed, since entering the PL, the Swans have failed to beat Spurs - losing 11 of the 14 matches.

Saturday's Quarter Final match marks the first time that the Swans have reached this stage of the completion in 54 years. On that occasion Second Division Swansea Town travelled to Anfield and came away 2-1 victors - a huge shock.

Let's hope that the current vintage of Swansea players can emulate their predecessors and secure a place in the FA Cup Semi-Finals. It's about time we beat the diving Spuds: 2-1 to the Swans <cheers>

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Having just gone out of the Champions' League Spurs will be diving all over the place.

aswan_dam likes this.
  3. Taffvalerowdy

Harry Kane gone off injured at Bournemouth...

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We have beaten Liverpool and Arsenal at home so this should hold no fear.....We need to forget the last game and get back to playing like we can....It will be tough but we can do it....

aswan_dam and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Bit of a blow for us losing Ayew junior, Abraham with A Ayew will not be the same, but nothing we can do about it, Spuds will be clogging and diving all game for this one........ <ok>

6. swanseaandproud

I dont mind getting penalties if they try diving in the box....The officials must be on the ball though and not secret Spuds fans...<laugh>

7. Taffvalerowdy

Andre is cup-tied.....

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Looks like it's the Abraham show then, with Ki and Dyer up front............................<ok>

9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Another good match preview read.Thanks Taff.

Horrible kick off time.Spurs out of CL.We got our hands full.Son on fire.Is Kane ok?

We have to be at our very best in this.Mind you if a FA Cup quarter final cant lift you then.....

I honestly cant see anything different than a Spurs win.
    0-2

Hope im wrong.

10. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

If I was CC I would say to the players relax, do your best and enjoy yourself you have nothing to lose the next pressure game is a week Saturday.

11. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Everything points towards a Spurs win but you never know.

12. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Not really bothered if we win this or not, A win great and off to Wembley for a semi final. If we lose no worries, we get ready for the Man utd game without the distraction of a cup semi.

13. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I really want to win this.
    Spurs are one of the only teams we've never beaten since we made it to the PL. I know it's not the PL on Saturday, but I hate cheating, diving Spurs more than any other PL team.
    I would love them to have Dele Alli sent off for diving. He's one of the biggest cheats I've ever witnessed on a football field.
    That dive at White Hart Lane last season was unforgivable. I hope he gets constantly hassled by both players and fans for being the cheat he is.
    I seriously hate Spurs.
    Hope we ****en murder them.

14. trundles left foot

Amazing isn't it, I love watching them and they dive no more than any other side, they are all at it, if Ayew went down in the box and won us a penalty against Stoke last game to keep us up you wouldn't be moaning. Spurs are a class act and fantastic to watch.

Funny they aren't top of any diving charts.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/lists/rev...emier-league-divers/kapxoma80mjn1bclt7mda3y2w

or is it because of this one.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/revealed-premier-league-teams-worst-9643002

15. swanseaandproud

This diving malarkey is a bit over the top in it....They are a very good side in reality and just behind the top 4 of never consistent enough to challenge for the title.....They are no worse than most of the premiership teams.......They are prone to losing games they should never lose to smaller clubs and that gives us a chance at home....

16. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

swanseaandproud likes this.
  17. swanseaandproud

TICKETS FOR SWANSEA CITY’S EMIRATES FA CUP QUARTER-FINAL AGAINST TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR AT THE LIBERTY STADIUM ARE STILL AVAILABLE.
    The Swans take on Mauricio Pochetino’s men on Saturday, March 17 (12.15pm) with a Wembley semi-final awaiting the winners.

The Swans have reached the last eight of the cup for the first time since 1964.

Adult season ticket holders and Jack Army members can watch the game for just £17.50*, with concessions priced at £10* if bought before 10am on the day of the game.

Prices will increase on the day to £25* and £15* respectively.

Non-season ticket holders and non-Jack Army members will be charged £25* for adults and £15* for concessions.

Kids’ tickets will cost just £5* for everyone aged under-16.

Due to different ticket regulations in the FA Cup to the Premier League, Spurs have been allocated the whole North Stand to meet the 15 per cent stadium capacity requirement.

Fans are wising up to the outrageous greed by football clubs today...

The additional £2.50 booking fee per ticket applies via phone or in person at the ticket office. The booking fee is reduced to £1.25 per ticket for all online purchases, including the new in-app ticketing service on the Swans Official App.

What a scandal this is....

18. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

It would be a huge psychological boost given our record against the cheats.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  19. trundles left foot

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  20. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Yep - total dive. ****ing cheating - simple as.
    Not quite in Dele Alli's league yet but showing promise.

Incidentally, if any Swans player dived to win a penalty etc I'd want him out of our club. I don't care whether it saved us from relegation or not. I simply can't stand cheaters.
    When Chico went over against West Ham and Allardyce laughed at him, I was embarrassed that Chico was a Swans player. From that point on I wanted him gone.
    I have zero tolerance for cheats - there's no bending of rules. Cheating is cheating. Saying everybody else is doing it is no excuse.

https://goo.gl/images/MhgCt5
    https://goo.gl/images/9iZBmX
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dele-alli-takes-massive-swan-9390988

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.