1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 1 v 1 Rotherham United

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 26, 2023.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Just read this on Planet Swans....
    Re: Martin Speaks
    Post 01 Mar 2023 10:14

Re: The truth about the fan Martin references (I was sat nearby)

1) The whole stadium seemed to be frustrated with Fisher playing us into trouble

2) After the 3rd time Fisher played a suicidal pass the fan stood up and shouted something like;
    "Get him off! You must have a youngster who can do better!"

3) Martin, stood on the touchline turned around and told the fan to;
    "f**k off!"

4) The fan then responded;
    "£400k? £10.5k a week!? You are taking the piss out of us!!"

5) 5 mins later we finally string some passes together at pace and we score...I don't recall Fisher
    playing a part in that goal at all (you can't actually see the 'highlights' on the club site now either)

6) Everyone in the stand gets to their feet and claps the goal.

7) Martin and his coaching staff turn around and start mouthing off and making gestures to the fan Martin had told to f**k off (the fan had children with him)

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

8) Once the clapping died down the fan returns to his feet and shouts something like;
    "Think you've achieved something wonderful do you? You are supposed to score a goal at home to Rotherham"

9) Staff on the bench have a word with the stewards and they come over to tell the fan that if he doesn't stop abusing Russell Martin he (and the children) will be thrown out.
    They actually asked the fan to consider the fact that Martin's family are there and don't want to hear 'abuse'....it was Martin that initially shouted "f**k off!" to a fan and his kids, the irony.

10) The fan could be heard replying that Martin "is a highly paid football manager and I pay his wages...I regret renewing now....he must be very sensitive!" etc.

11) All of the fans sat in that section, including me, start defending the fan and his right to voice his opinion at the football. Stewards start arguing with the stand (to be fair, a difficult situation that they were put in). Then they toddle off back to the bench once the fan had agreed to "tone it down".

12) Even though we were winning it was a toxic atmosphere at half-time and the staff were still looking over at this fan.

13) The fan is quiet as a mouse in the 2nd half, I watched him closely, he rarely clapped never mind shouted anything (wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't asked for his money back this week and we lose another season ticket holder).

14) We continue to play ****e and Rotherham inevitably equalize. The fan said nothing, we all shouted plenty though. The bench go silent.

15) We spawn a lucky point at home to Rotherham after one of the most shambolic halves of football I've ever seen...the half that Martin seems actually pleased by.
    Cue massive boos and a pathetic press conference from Russ.

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  3. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

"There was a guy screaming at me to take Andy Fisher off, sarcastically clapping when he kicked it. Then we scored a goal that Fish started with his feet and he started celebrating, that sort of stuff is frustrating, but that's football," said Martin.

Fisher wasn’t involved if you look at the highlights. We broke down an attack, passed to Joey, who in turn passed to Manning who crossed for Piroe ….

55282 and daimungeezer like this.
  4. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

If Martin swore at anyone, doesn't matter who it is and what they may have said to him, then he should be sanctioned. No excuse.

55282 and Taffvalerowdy like this.