1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 2 v 2 Leeds United

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Busted, left the bacon out

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

It was a game that some Swansea City fans worried about prior to kick-off – given our poor performance at Birmingham City and Leeds’ strong start, but Potter had clearly done his homework and we more than competed in the first 20 minutes – making a strong start and battling well in the middle third.

If you want an advert for how entertaining the EFL Championship can be, then tonight was your perfect example. Four goals, 20 shots – 7 of which on target and some superb positive, attacking football saw both sides get a share of the points. The neutral fan might have been happy to see that outcome after such a thrilling game, but the Swans might be a bit disappointed not to get the win after conceding what could be called two soft goals, but it has to be said – at times – Leeds did make it look rather easy to go from one end of the pitch to the other and score. - Vital/Kevin E

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

It was a good game to watch, both equalisers were well finished, don't know if you could've done anything about the first once Olssen had been skinnned tbh, but the 2nd would've annoyed me as a defender. Good to see 2 teams going for 3 points in the last few minutes.

4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Where have I run the team down?
    If it is me you are calling a moron you are quite entitled to do it to my face.
    I shall be in the Plough and Harrow Brynhyfryd pre and post match Saturday v Bristol City.
    I look forward to meeting you sir.

5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

But doesn't that make you all the more infuriated with the board. A bit of minor investment and we could be right up there, if only they would back potter with a few loan signings and we will be safe and pushing playoffs. Instead one or two injuries and we will be ****ed. Typical short sighted by the board.

Great performance, great result, but please bring in some cover.

6. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Exactly, if the board backs Potter with the players he wants, then this could be a special season for us!! If not we will fall short, but watch the PL vultures swoop for Potter.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  7. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Definately.

trundles left foot likes this.
  8. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Most enjoyable game for ages but every time Mcburnie or VDH got a knock my heart was in my mouth. We MUST bring in back ups for them
    Always sad to see players who have done well for us coming to the end of their careers but that's life. Father time catches up with us all in the end.

9. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Just like Joe didn't want to come back a few years ago?

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Exactly how I see it. Some investment and continue to progress under Potter and I'd fancy us for a top 2 spot on last night's performance.

11. keith gatebroth

keith gatebroth Well-Known Member

Very enjoyable match, shows what our young players can do with a big crowd behind them. Now we need the Board to back Potter and strengthen the squad but I wouldn’t put any money on it.