1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea City: The new Barcelona

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by When Swans are flying, Mar 20, 2012.

1. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

2. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

A good read swan and he knows what he`s talking about.

3. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

They all laughed when i said we were the Barcelona of the championship, And they laughed again when i said we were the Barcelona of the premiership. Well to those that doubted i say <laugh><laugh><laugh>

4. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

The only people that can't see it are the rabble from Legoland and their opinions are a complete irrelevance.

Why is it that we are hyped up by the media, liked and respected by the pundits and have national radio stations having phone in's specifically about Swansea City ?

It's because we've got a bloody good team that's why and if we played the neighbours tomorrow we'd wipe the floor with them.

5. Soaring Swan

Soaring Swan Member

Interesting that the article is in a Malaysian publication! I wonder if the Malaysian millionaires who bought another, less successful, Welsh club read it :wink:

6. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Not without crying Lol !!

7. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

OMG: The opening line's the killer:

"If you ever come across a new follower of English football who is trying to decide which team to support, or if you are looking for a new team to follow yourself, could I please point you in the direction of Swansea City?"

Dato Chan Ghee (or whatever he's called) will be having a fit! Lol. Anyone dare to post this over there? Go on...dare you!

[Edit: Isn't this him? <yikes>

"Tien Ghee · 1 hour ago
    They are indeed a joy to watch - I will be supporting them from now on." ]

Hysterical.

8. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

Great article. It's a privelige to read such an article about our great Football team! It notes that we are lacking in the 100k capacity stadium, well maybe HJ has really submitted a planning permission form to expand the Liberty to 100k capacity rather than the publicised 30k!!

I was thinking the other day that Gylfi is a bit like our Cesc Fabregas so a good comparrison there.

Reading the comments we are well supported in Malaysia ... I thought another Welsh team was supposed to be brilliantly supported there?!?! And also some amusing bitter comments there as well (obviously from Cardiff fans or Welsh haters).