1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Manchester City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

More like a practice game, I was dissapointed, game did not wake up. .... Lowe disappointed me tonight, he seemed slow in pace, and in thought.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  2. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

All good thanks Bubbs just a heavy arm this morning. Had the Pfizer.
    I got home a couple of minutes before their opening goal - what a weird goal to give away. They are undoubtedly the best time in the country at the moment as evidenced by their 4-1 demolition of Liverpool.
    I didn't see the opening 25 minutes but I would have hoped we would have tried to have a go at them. But whether by design or facing superior opponents it sounds like we sat back and invited them onto us.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  3. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

Glad to hear all’s well, hope your sis is equally well. The team coops put out did sit back yeh, and the pace down the flanks didn’t materialise as we quickly shifted from a 3-atb & 2 wing backs, to a flat back 5. No creativity in the middle either as they were run ragged defending. Mozza & JL were waiting for through balls to pounce upon, but possession stats (70/30) meant they didn’t get a sniff. It was clear (to me anyway) that coops is concentrating efforts on the league,
    not the cup, demonstrable by the starting XI (CH/AA rested/subs). Anyway the good news is you’re ok and I hope your sister is too. <ok>

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

This could suggest that, if we go up, Lowe wouldn’t be quick enough for the PL?

Morris, by comparison, seemed much quicker <cheers>

Victor likes this.
  5. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

Or was it all already set up that the players would not do anything to cause injury to themselves by over exerting themselves. Let’s be fair at least 2 of their goals were jammy and even though they had large amounts of possession they only scored the three goals...seemed like the Brentford game in my opinion where we were just trying to defend and not cross the half way line.

6. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

We ain’t seen the tit or dougie Freeman yet Taff

azzuriswan likes this.
  7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Counterattacking football is all well and good but a dangerous game to play against superior opponents .Bounce back next game and no more distractions

8. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Forgot about that game, luckily.

TheRealBubbles and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  9. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

Oh well we did better than Liverpool did against them. Their team only cosy £232 million!

Glad the FA Cup is over and hope that there is no hangover left for our league form.