1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea/Norwich - Rodgers/Lambert

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by barclayenddan, Feb 6, 2012.

1. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

Yes, these ex-players get paid a ridiculous amount of money just for giving opinions but that's just the way it is. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    Trouble is, you are going to watch it.
    I will watch anything to do with Norwich. I watch the internet in the afternoon, Football First on Sky and then MOTD. And I record Goals on Sunday. And until this season, Late Kick Off.
    All that is apart from posting on here, going on the Club site and Pink Un site at least once a day.

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

barclayenddan good post, and very true, have to say that I have pretty much watched all of your games, and your team spirit on the pitch, is commendable to say the least, and there are indeed some similarities between both club setups, and managers too, I hope that we both stay up, and upset the status quo, and I'm all for flying under the radar too, whenever possible, as it makes lemons out of most of the media, we weren't given a cat's chance in hell, pre-season from the media, but they soon had to revise their predictions. As for QPR, I've seen a fair bit of their games too, and while I think they have some issues, with getting out of the dogfight, I think they will! here's to all promoted teams staying up, and making the biggest statement ever, over this over rated Premier league!....................
    please log in to view this image

3. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Not sure about the League being over rated, DPJ. When I see Championship games now, the slower pace is noticeable. The League's standard is generally excellent but I do agree that some teams that have been there a long time need to shape up or ship out, as they really aren't that good. Same with players who are generally overpaid and overpriced. Is Andy Carroll really 10 times better than Graham?

4. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

Just to add to the love in as a Norwich fan I was very happy that the Swans joined us in the EPL, particularly at the expense of Cardiff who, in my opinion tried to buy their way to promotion and got an unfair advantage over the rest of us by have a £10m striker loaned to them and only having to pay an element of his wages - not really a level playing field much as I still like Bellamy for his time at CR and lack of subsequent criticism of the club after leaving. Obviously with Malky taking over the reins I am a bit more pro-Cardiff but I'd be very happy for Swansea to finish one place behind us well above the releagation zone.

Can't say that I have a huge dislkie of QPR who always struck me as a decent club but I do think that they have been tainted by their association with Colin who is simply an utter c*ck who is not man enough to admit when his team have been beaten by the better side. Good riddance to him and I hope he finds himself a nice Championship club to climb the mountain again and again like Sisyphus - always getting them up but then having to eternally repeat the trick.

5. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Wouldn't wish that on anyone <yikes>

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

There's a cure for it now!

;)

7. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Is there? <cough>

8. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

Boiled Swan apparently!

9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

well watch we don't cook your goose Saturday

10. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

I don't know, you try to bring a bit of culture to the thread and end up with a series of rash reponses!

11. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

I'm glad we are still flying under the radar. To be fair though, Swansea have beaten Arsenal and play very attractive football, I think that's why they get more plaudits. If we beat them maybe Lawro will find at least 5 seconds to praise us!

12. NCFC Dorset Branch

NCFC Dorset Branch Active Member

Personally, I think Shearer can have some interesting insights, but Hansen and Lawrenson are just lazy and don't actually think about what they're saying. Lee Dixon best of the bunch by a mile.

Let's hope for a cracking game on Saturday - no injuries, no red cards and a 4-3 away win!

13. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

Sad that Lambert's going to Tottenham now <ok>

14. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Little off thread but was wondering when 's the last time before Norwich a team got promoted two seasons in a row to end up in the top tier ?

15. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Manchester City after their brief dabble with the 3rd tier of English football. 1998/9 and 1999/2000

16. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Just an absolute major accomplishment for Norwich & on top of that , go top ten past the half way mark in the Premier the year after . A lot of " Big " money teams are having to look at Norwich & Swansea & understand that the money isn't as important as knowing what to do with it . Really respect Norwich a lot, goodluck after our game .. Cheers !!

17. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think you'll find this admiration is pretty mutual amonst most City fans, crackerjack.
    For exactly the reasons you outlined above <ok>

18. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

I look at QPR and think "Doing it wrong..."

I look at Swansea and think "Doing it right!"

Intelligent signings, sensible monetary policies, good football orientated leadership. Good club doing exactly what it should to stay up

19. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

interesting point: following man city's back-to-back promotions, they were relegated at the first time of asking from the premier league. if we stay up, which it looks like we will, it really is an astonishing triumph, especially as we were only off the bottom of league one after the opening few games because saints had a ten point deduction!

beefy, totally agree about the swansea-qpr thing <ok>

20. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Loved this. Absolutely spot on. I'm sure Cardiff fielded 6 or 7 Prem loanees in one game. They had 8 on the books as I recall. That cannot be right and gives a ridiculously unfair advantage to the more influential clubs. They paid a fraction of Bellend's wages too. OK it didn't work out (thankfully) but it's something the authorities should look at. Two or three loanees are fine in my book but no more.