1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea v Manchester City - preview (+ Streams)

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Father_Jack_Hackett, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Utd fans can gloat today but who's to say the Swans won't still have a say in the outcome of this League? All to play for, guys.

2. bongojack

bongojack Active Member

Great result and justified,although it was a close one we played our part and looked very comfortable against a side worth approx 200 mil..and i know all the experts and the soap dodger will be spouting the usual "They didn't tun up " crap but that might be down to the way we played and the stats suggest we were value today and deserved at least a point

3. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

The Swans out possessed City both games & shared the spoils , we'll see who else can say that at season's end .

4. Cypher

Cypher Member

true enough, but looking at the run-ins, citys is on paper more difficult than utds, so utd fans are understandably happy with this turn of events.

5. Kifflom!

Sorry, but on paper counts for very little as you saw today.

6. Cypher

Cypher Member

people say that, but how many times have utd slipped in a position like this in the run-in? utd are the champions, and they are in a champions position now. city are showing their inexperience, as soon as their captain is out they start losing. thats not a good sign. compare it to utd missing vidic for most of the season. its undoubtedly weakened the defensive set-up massively, but utd are still winning.

7. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

8. up-the-jacks

up-the-jacks Member

Man city played poor? dont you mean that little old swansea didnt leave you play. we let Yaya have the ball in midefield and we didnt commit to challenging him. we stood off him we defended superbly. so dont go giving it that you didnt play well. you got shown a footbaling lesson.

9. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

Got to say a big thank you to Wigan for keeping up one place higher than I thought we would be.

10. up-the-jacks

up-the-jacks Member

Bobby done us a favour

11. Haydn

Haydn Member

Let me just make it clear that I think Swansea played very well, you deserved to beat us. Well done. But don't go telling me you gave us a footballing lesson, that is ridiculous. It was a 1-0.

Swansea have certainly proved me wrong, I thought you were certainties to get relegated at the start of the season to go down but Rodgers has done a top job. I wouldn't be surprised if a big club or two come in for him.

12. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Haydn, your team was lethargic and didn't look interested for most of the first half. Mancini should have watched Swansea v. Norwich and Stoke v. Swansea to see how to stop us playing. You gave us so much time to play out from the back it was unbelievable.

And just hearing on Sky that Yaya and Balotelli had a half-time bust-up. Too many overpaid players with egos to match in your side. You need to get it sorted...and fast or Man Utd will be gone.

13. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Come on lads, we won and we deserved to but let's not go OTT and talk about handing out lessons. Our lesson is to learn to win with grace - we've had enough practice at losing with grace!

This was a tough game and Man City played their part. They came off second best today and, Man City fans, it wasn't because you had an off day, you lost (JUST) to a team that didn't allow you to play, that just edged a fascinating encounter. No gloating from me, just the satisfaction of beating a team of "All Stars" with our homely but wonderful collection of talented lads.

It was inches from being a draw, so thanks to Sian Massey for a superb piece of judgement with the flag. That said, if Sinclair had had his shooting boots on today, it could have been three!! Man City will certainly have their day and many of them, so I'm sure that their decent fans won't begrudge us this, our day.

14. Kifflom!

Allen missed a sitter too.

Isn't Sian a Welsh name? <whistle>

15. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

I liked a quote I just read posted on Sian Massey's official facebook page "There are now two technology choices: 1) Goal-line cameras 2) Clone Sian Massey"

16. SA9JACK

SA9JACK Active Member

Can someone explain how the BBC site comes up with their stats? Apparently 50-50 possession, 18 shots for Man city, 13 on target? that's not the game I saw

17. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

They were looking at a video of the match at Eastlands.

18. SA9JACK

SA9JACK Active Member

Clearly

19. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

I've seen a lot of games with her as linesperson , with a lot of close calls in them & I haven't seen a replay showing her wrong yet . She's there because of being skillful , simple as

20. CFCDEAN

CFCDEAN Member

Squeeky bum time, can you handle it ?????????