1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swindon town

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Feb 5, 2021.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

According to a report by Alistair Durden coupled with an interview with their chairman Swindon Town are on the verge of going bust. Don't want to see any football club go bust so I hope even if it means they are relegated I hope they survive

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  2. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

No-one wants to see a football club go bust, not even Swindle so I hope it gets sorted.

Sadly, it’s probably the tip of the iceberg - so many lower league clubs were only just scraping by before the pandemic and now, unless their owners have deep pockets and are willing to dip into them, some will go under.

Let’s hope Wael keeps dipping into his.

old timer and GreatWesternGas like this.
  3. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Totally agree - there will soon be many clubs in similar positions (God willing, we wont be one of them!). To be honest, I'm surprised that this issue hasn't reared it's head to lots of clubs, sooner than this. It's a terrible and disgusting situation that there is so much big money in football at the top of the game, yet still the powers that be are allowing the smaller clubs to struggle and go under. Certain people and organisations should hang their heads in shame at such unforgivable lack of help and compassion. I know there's been a certain amount of help, but it obviously isn't going to be enough to save some clubs. Sadly, in life, there's a lot of truth in the saying that 'money goes to money', and this is never more blatantly apparent than in football. Daren't think what would have become of us, if Wael hadn't acted to save us, like he has, but we can't just assume that he will go on doing it indefinitely, there must surely come a point when he can't keep chucking good money after bad!

Bluebaldee likes this.
  4. old timer

Ben Garner tipped to take over at Swindon according to Bristol Live

5. old timer

Clem Morfuni has purchased 85% of the club from Lee Power, his first job was to appoint Ben Garner as head coach

I thought Clem Morfuni was a players agent and this was against EFL rules

6. GGMI

GGMI Member

I give him ten games

7. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Morfuni is an Aussie who owns a plumbing company. There was a bloke called Michael Standing who was the agent who claimed he owned part of Swindon. What a mess they’re in.

8. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

If he’s lucky! They’ll need some actual players first though - they’ve only got nine and are under a transfer embargo.

9. old timer

Thanks for clearing that up Bluebaldee about the agent, but they were looking at that aspect last season weren't they

10. GGMI

GGMI Member

Who are Swindle ?