1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Tobes, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Been told the deal was for £5k per share, which values the CLUB - not the sale of the equity - at £175m

2. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Serious question Tobes. If you now develop Goodison, will you have the same problems as your red neighbours with having to purchase houses very close to the ground?

3. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

@astroturfnaut @Tobes

Atleast Astroreallysupportsevertonandmanutdcosthatsallhekeepsonaboutturfnaut is happy <laugh>

4. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

The council were trying to get the Americans to move to WHP, they wanted the council to help in the infrastructure needed to redevelop GP.

a redevelopment is not on the cards

pieguts likes this.
  5. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

How is Kenwright? Is he doing this now because he is (terminally?) ill? I hope not. But otherwise good move for you, I hope. Hope you don't have to wait a ****ing decade of dithering before someone actually does some work on your stadium too. :headbang:

Good luck. Leicester have proved, hopefully, you don't need a Sheikh anymore to win something (if not to build a dynasty). Brave new world with the TV money, I hope. Everton being stable have every right to think they can be as big as Leicester. ****, at least ten teams in the Prem can.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The footprint is too small for a modern stadium to be housed there mate.

We'd need council assistance to compulsory purchase dozens of houses in the vicinity in order to make it happen. This could take years and years if there were objections (kopites lol) and for me is highly unlikely to happen.

Now we have a backer I fully expect the Walton Hall Park scheme - in conjunction with LCC - to be the preferred option.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Momentous day for us mate.

Not only because we now have a very wealthy de facto owner, but he just happens to be the right hand man of Usmanov.......

I like the way Kenwrigt has only allowed him to take the token 49.9% in the first place, which gives the impression that he's not got complete control. Only, he has, as 31% of the equity is held by nearly 5,000 different small shareholders.......so in essence he already has full control - but Bill has chosen to stay on and ensure this guy is good to his word before handing over the entire shooting match to him.

As for Bill's health, I've no idea mate, aside from knowing that he's been gravely ill since last summer. What the prognosis is nobody knows.

Justovertheline likes this.
  8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

9. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

What's to celebrate?

Nothing has been confirmed in what the plan is moving forward

10. astro

astro Well-Known Member

I thought the plan is get the 49.9% takeover approved, pay off the bank debt, get the 100% takeover approved, move into a new stadium with a new team #easy

11. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

You know more than most it seems. Seems crazy that he will pay for shares and then possibly pay the debt too?

12. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Everton's net debt is just over £30m but the share price he bought the club at undervalued it by about £100m, so paying off the debt still means he's way ahead on his investment.

13. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

The club was valued at £200m, so he paid the asking price for his 49.9% @ £100m

14. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It was undervalued at £200m

Barkley, Stones, Lukaku are supposed to be worth £100m on their own, and the new PL TV deal is an EXTRA £30m per year

15. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Supposed to be worth......

Who applied those values? My house is supposed to be worth x, but the last three offers have been under that valuation....

The club was valued at £200m, so he paid half the value for half the shares(you can nit pick on that if you like!)

16. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Beardwood added: “Forbes are calculating the final figures by using a club’s enterprise value which is your equity minus debt.

“An issue that Everton have in this respect is that they’re in negative equity as they have more debt than their assets are worth.

“When taking all of this into account Everton would be worth around $206million and given that Forbes are using an exchange rate of $1 to 62 pence then that makes Everton Football Club worth around £127million - which for me feels about right.”

From an Echo article in 2015 when the PL TV deal had been confirmed, so add the TV money and £200m seems right<ok>

17. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Yeah and you'd accept one of those low offers if the top floor was about to collapse without refurbishment <ok> #firesale

18. astro

astro Well-Known Member

If you want to lend me £127m I'd glady buy Everton for that much

Even if you do nothing at all in terms of developing the commerical deals or making profits on transfers, after 5 years the extra profit from the TV deals has paid for the club and made you a tidy profit.

19. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

You should really be working for Forbes or some a top end investment firm. You questioned the price and a company that each year gives values to football clubs is used.......and you question it. Lets not forget that if you add the TV money on it hits the reported £200m value and the £100m reportedly paid for 49.9% of the club<ok>

20. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It's well known that the price Moshiri paid so far is under the actual valuation, on the agreement he will be putting extra money in later too. Ask @Tobes or any other #bitter about it.

Settling £30m of debt is a small part of that.