1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Talbot.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Unfortunately this ain't no rumour.......Chesterfield have recalled Drew Talbot.....literally on the way to Dag & Red with Argyle when the call came for him to go back to Chesterfield.

That's the problem with loanees who do too well...... and get rave reviews.....their parent club takes note and grab them back.......why couldn't we tie him down....we probably didn't get the opportunity to do that.......do I remember something about them reviewing the situation at the end of March....to see how he was recovering from a long term injury that made him available for a loan period in the first place.....some you win and some you lose.........:headbang:.....:cry:.

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I think his injury may well have been the big problem. Seem to think JS was very keen on him and was looking for a permanent deal but Chesterfield wanted to see how his recovery went- whatever, it doesn't really matter now as he had gone. He will be a big miss but maybe not as big as it would have been had Lee not returned. Still, it seems that the loan system is used extensively by everyone in the lower leagues these days and I guess this is just one of those things. I remember thinking on Saturday during the FL show that virtually every scorer seemed to on loan from one club or another. Good luck to him, lets just hope he is played and not just bench warming.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Thinking about it brings to mind Reuben Reid.....who had fallen out with his Yeovil manager.....if not would he have been here now.. ???.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That news really is a bugger. I was so impressed with Talbot and he gave us something we didn't have before. He's their player so not much you can do about this situation. Feel a bit used by Chesterfield however but then we would do it if we felt like it I suppose. Have to make do with what we have and get on with it.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

When a big club like Chesterfield snap their fingers....what can little Argyle do.....good grief we have fallen down the pecking order in recent years.......:rolleyes:......:headbang:.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Wouldn't matter who he belonged to plym he wasn't our player and the owning club willl always win over the borrowing one. I just hope that he plays for them and doesn't only get on the bench and do nothing because that would be a crime.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

I suspect that is what will happen! as most clubs go that for some unknown Reason?

8. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

see jamie mackie played well tonight for reading, a good goal and mam of the match.. he has a few clubs now after us?

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Only watched some of it but he did look decent must admit. I thought Reading were a shower of moaning gits who did nothing but surround the Ref all game. One of them was a loanee from Chelski so no surprise there then. I kept waiting for the Bradford players to lose it and start really kicking lumps but they didn't. Were already 2 up when I switched on so it was almost game over then anyway.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Had the chance of seeing two games this week....but not fair on Mrs Plym being off twice.....Dag & Red is one of the games I can get to reasonable easy....although an evening kick-off isn't ideal.....wouldn't get home till nearly mid-night.

The other game although not Argyle won in the end.....didn't think I would ever say that........but there is a special reason this time.

My grandson Jacob (10 yrs old) is a junior Charlton member (<doh>).....(his dad takes him maybe 3 or 4 times a season).....and he received a letter telling him that he had been selected as one of the three mascots for this Saturdays Reading match.....of course he is very excited......got to be there at 1pm....gets a tour of all the facilities.....meets the players and gets a kick around on the pitch before the game.....and of course comes out with the team.....his mum, younger sister and myself will go along to watch him......a moment not to be missed for Jacob and for us as well.

So I hope I'm forgiven for this lapse of greenery in my old age.......I'm obviously not a proper fan....but this is a moment that will only happen once.

I'm sorry that I haven't brought my son up properly....but he's lived his 45 yrs in Orpington......and I did make the mistake of taking him down the old Valley ground when he was about 9 or 10 with his mate a few times....so it's my fault.....sorry folks.........<doh>.

11. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm very disappointed by this: I believed we had a settled squad through to the end of the season which seems to have been wrong. At least midfield is the area where we have most options available compared to up front, defence and goalkeeper but it's a shame to get a player who's doing well yanked away like this.

Just on the ex-Argyle contingent, I saw Bolasie and Puncheon start in the PL for Palace at the weekend and Ashley Barnes play 90 minutes in Burnley's victory over the hated Manchester City. Ah well.......

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Distant dreams notdistantgreen.......

I'm ashamed of you plym. Watch Argyle......see grandson at another ground.......erm!!!!! No contest really and you call yourself a green. And I don't care how long your son has lived up North either. I might have to take a vote on a banning order here.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well I suppose we can't complain. Talbot played all of the 90 minutes for Chesterfield tonight and they won 3 - 0. They are knocking on the door of the play offs in that league. They aren't going to let anyone keep their player if it jeopardises their own progress.