1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Taxi for Wilder???

Discussion in 'Oxford Utd' started by Richmondoufc, Mar 6, 2013.

?

Should Wilder leave Oxford United??

1. Yes right away

2. Yes but at the end of the season

3. No way!! He's great

4. Undecided

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

Is this the end for Chris Wilder's career at Oxford United or will he stick it out until the end of the season? I'm pretty sure I know what GFunk will say.

Last night's result and performance was absolutely typical of our time under CW and probably shows he's gone as far as he can at the Kas Stad. In our last 2 games we've beaten the top 2 sides in league two deservedly but last night we came back down to earth with a bump against Steve Evan's pretty average Rotherham side.

I have 3 problems with last night:

Why change not only a winning team but a winning formation to accommodate the opposition?? Even when CW did change formation it seemed pretty evident from the stands that the players were unaware of what changes has been made or what formation there were now playing. The way the players confidence seemed to disappear after the first goal shows they have no faith their own ability, the ability of their team mates or more damningly the lack of confidence in their manager.

If you're trailing at half time and you get a goal back inside 5 minutes of the 2nd half you instantly put the opposition under pressure. We had our top goalscorer sat on the bench (James Constable) and instead of bringing him on CW brings on Josh Parker who, and lets be honest about this, is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

The fans were absolutely brilliant in that second half, singing the Great Escape for 45 minutes getting behind the team despite being 4-0 down and yet the players did not applaud the fans except for Scott Davies who at least offered a token gesture.

<grr>

Wilder out??