1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Barnsley

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Think we might see a few changes here, so here's my 2 bobs worth

Kepa
    James Christensen Zouma
    CHO Gilmour Kante Emerson
    Pulisic Abraham Havertz

Subs Dave Jorginho Ziyech, Anjorin

Could be a good match for all those players to get a start and some decent game time, with a blend of in form and lightly played.

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Got the team almost right, but they didn't play as I'd hoped or expected, pretty poor show against a really dogged and gutsy Barnsley.
    Emerson in defence was a mistake for me, and he was unconvincing, Christensen can't control or organise a back 3, and he lacks attacking instincts and the ability to make telling long passes. Zouma looked a bit lost. Cue Audi to pull Christensen at half time, right decision. Gilmour was good, not great, Kante looked well rusty and CHO one of our best. Alonso just didn't run with enough determination and used the old "stop and pass back" far too much, he was hooked at half time as well. I thought Ziyech was dreadful and Pulisic almost as bad. Neither had any touch, control, flair or skill. Tammy was Tammy, some good stuff, too often in the wrong place, too slow to move, but at least gave it plenty. Kepa did OK but not inspiring. James was OK but has not looked the player of a month ago last couple of starts. Anjorin looked as if he belongs in the first team set up, comfortable ,solid but didn't shake the game up.
    So a dull, sluggish, laboured performance, too much passing across the back line, not direct enough and little conviction. Could be all the changes caused a lack of understanding ,or could be some players are not consistently good enough and / or bang out of form.

3. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Agree with Emerson he is not a premier player nor is Ziyech on that performance, Pulisic likewise. What we really learnt watching that game was how important Mount is. Good to see Anjorin again he looks the part given more time on the pitch I think he will make it. Zouma has lost a lot of confidence not that he has played much but he does not seem to step up when given his chance. Christiensen was pulled for a headache after his head trauma apparently.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

I read that about Christensen, might explain his so so form. Zouma looks great with Silva beside him, bit tougher with Emerson and Christensen !!!! Our whole defence is better with Silva pulling the strings. He's the "Mason Mount " of our defenders, and boy are you spot on about Mount, he's like 3 players wrapped in one. Anjorin does look composed and ready to step up, and I hear RLC has hit some great form with Fulham as well. Then there's Ampadu !!!! A couple of clever buys for next season and Audi will have an even better squad than Frank. Interesting that the 3 big buys are all struggling, 4 if you add Pulisic, hope it's the "First season learning curve" that's the problem.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Just watched RLC play for Fulham against Everton it finished 2-0 to Fulham. He played ok but not that good to be honest. Good result for us and looking at the table now we are in a very good position, if we beat the Barcodes tomorrow we will be in 4th unless West ham get double figures (9 actually) against Sheff Utd. We will be above the Bin Dippers and only Everton can better us with the games in hand Villa will be level on points also, but they both need to win them.