1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Fulham

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Sitting in 9th place, a loss against Fulham would be a serious problem for the Team and manager, so there will be some very nervous people in Blue this match. This is not the time to go all defensive, but an opportunity to start to play the way we intend to go on. All players are fit, though Pulisic, Ziyech and James probably not fully match fit, but Frank needs to show his intentions here as well, and the players need to shrug off the lethargy and laziness of weeks past and earn their salaries.
    Mendy
    James, Zouma, Silva, Chilwell
    Mount Gilmour
    Havertz
    CHO Giroud Ziyech
    would be my starters, with Dave and Rudiger , Kovacic and Jorginho( reluctantly), Pulisic, Werner and Abraham as subs. I expect the crosses to be flying over initially ,hence Giroud, but if we get in front and on top, then up the attack and play through the middle more with Werner/ Abraham/ or Pulisic introduced.

2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Werner, making Morata look like Harry Kane. Ze Slug should just naff off and Dave isn't good enough anymore, Kovacic was very wasteful and Chillwell was dire. Rylan had a mare although had little service, waiting for Pulisic to regain form back from injury Ziyech also. Massive plus for CHO changed the game when he came on Tammy caused problems but had little effect where it matters, if there was one player that gave his all and tried to make things happen all over the pitch it was Mount. Man of the match by a very long way played centre mid after the subs I liked what i saw from him there he would be a massive upgrade to the creativity of our midfield if played there, hopefully with Gilmour.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

CHO looked good recently, one of few plus points

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Terrible starting line up from a Manager who claims he picks players on form. Any team with Kovacic and Better brakes as starters means scoring player numbers are 2 down, and so it proved again. No shots, no assists from either.
    Pulisic was poor, Ziyech looks half fit, Giroud got lousy service. Kovacic and Better Brakes were ineffective, particularly Jorginho who slowed everything to a crawl.
    Chilwell is too indecisive for my liking just won't stop back passing. Dave was OK and got better,Silva was Silva and Rudiger gave the ball away too often. Mount was head and shoulders our best, he needs to get playing with Havertz and get something happening. CHO is a class beyond Pulisic at the moment and MUST start, absolutely dreadful by Frank not playing him. Tammy stumbled and bumbled every time a good ball came his way, Werner was just pitiful. Crying out for someone with vision and control in midfield,as we have been for 3 seasons. Gilmour looks obvious. Until that happens expect to see Werner et all simply wasted. Take the points gladly but another shabby performance from a misfiring team.