1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Morecambe and Wise.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Not many people know that Dennis Wise is joint owner of Morecambe FC, or that the new name Morecambe and Wise is still waiting to be approved by the FA.
    Nevertheless we now face the real possibility of being knocked out by them, and going on form, that's quite likely.

If BTT and I were managers, here's my Team, with BTT yet to comment

Kepa
    Under 21 Christensen Tomori Alonso
    Kante
    Gilmour Havertz
    Ziyech Charlie Brown CHO

2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Christensen is out injured as is Kante CFC website says 5 academy players training with squad so I doubt Alonso will get in. Really hope Gilmour Tomoroi and CHO start. Anjorin, Bate, Lawrence, Livramento and Soonsup-Bell, may feature at some point but I have no idea how Frank will approach this game.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Bit of an exaggeration CP

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Just my usual attempt at humour, thought we could use a bit of a smile to get things back on track !! If we could just get Frank and Dennis Wise to kit up and run our midfield I'd feel better.

5. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Derby got banged out by Chorley - ahem, I’m not joking. :emoticon-0140-rofl:

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Derby U23 team to be fair. Rooney on the Rona again.

7. Bristol Blue

.......it’s a warning to Frank Lampard not to field too many under 23s. Writing of Hereford United again, as a non league side they knocked out the then mighty Newcastle United from the FA Cup circa 1972.

8. Bullet tooth Tony

Well only one academy player in the squad, Anjorin, we got the job done but it wasn't pretty. Just starting to see Havertz as a good player but the jury is out on Werner, once again his control and seemingly lack of being in the right spot at the right time alluded him up until Havertz handed him one on a plate.

9. Bristol Blue

Frankie Lampard took no chances, he put more-or-less a full strength side out today. I’m just wondering if Timo Werner performs better before the adulation of a crowd. I’d definitely cheer Werner on to glory - he’s got good movement and positional sense but his final touch is lacking at present.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Another underwhelming showing, but at least a win and goals to Werner and Havertz .I absolutely hate that every attack went as wide as possible and then balls were hurled into the box for............WERNER????
    He can't head to save his life, so why wasn't Giroud there?? Usual, predictable default play, and against better teams, pretty ineffective.
    Werner and Havertz need someone directing play behind them, passes to run onto, not having to collect every through ball with back to goal. if Frank was trying to help Werners" confidence by starting him, then well done. He often ran into good positions, but rarely got the through ball he likes, so at least he was better. Havertz likewise ,livelier and more involved. Was a bit disappointed with Gilmour, expected more of the passing to the front men we have seen from him before, but he too sent everything wide. Emerson did a passable imitation of Chilwell, stopping and back passing all game long. Dave on the other side bombed forward like Dave of old. CHO was excellent, Ziyech ran out of puff.
    Good win, some good signs, but weird tactics for that line up.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021