1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Palace,

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

This is one we really do need to win after a scratchy start.
    Mendy
    James Zouma Silva Dave
    Kante Kovacic
    Havertz
    CHO Werner Pulisic

Left Mount out, he looks knackered, left Better Brakes out in the hope Havertz is ready to play in possibly his best position, CHO deserves his start, and assume Pulisic is fit. Chilwell and Abraham I'd bring off the bench.

2. The Ginger Marks

Decent enough team for the job but Pulisic won’t start so I expect Mount to start. CHO May go on loan along with Rudiger. I’m going for a 2-1 win. COYB

3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I expected us to struggle today with the way they play but it’s a great result for us.

It’s the first time I’ve watched us play in absolutely ages when I’ve not felt nervous when the other team is attaching us. We looked confident at the back all game, quite liked the middle pairing of Silva and Zouma. Keeper looks decent enough too, granted I’ve only seen him twice though....

Havertz will start to pull the strings soon, he looks class and I even thought Jorginho played well today. Much needed win and finally a clean sheet!

4. The Ginger Marks

Indeed, many dis Jorginho but in the right system this guys a must. Frank will prevail come what may. Not only class act as a player but as a coach. COYB

Bristol Blue and Naas Blue like this.
  5. Chelsea Pensioner

Pretty good result after frustrating 1st half. Big improvers for me were Chilwell and especially Zouma. Chilwell started to get into good forward positions and showed skill. Zouma looked energised but controlled and maybe Silvas' presence is working. Dave did well too. CHO had another very good game, Jorginho was more involved 2nd half and took penalties well. Havertz and Werner look as if they are still trying to find their best positions, which for me is more central for both. Werner up front, Havertz just behind the front 3 for me. Good performance from all players, with perhaps our best 2 wide men still to come.Much more encouraging signs .

6. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

We seemed to be a lot more coherent this time. Silva seems to be doing the job he was brought in to do which is lead from the back and give some security to the midfielders.
    The first half was still a bit sideways and backwards passing but the second half was much better. CHO is fighting for his place and the fact Bayern are still after him gives us an indication of what we’ve got on our hands.
    Glad to see Abraham hungry for goals and even better to see Dave stepping up as captain and resolving a conflict for the penalty.
    Huge improvements but still a very long way to go.

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Spot on with Dave, SCBB took control when problem aroused. A little worried about Werner he has not had the impact that I thought he would but I will give him time, I mentioned on another post his passing can improve as this is his weakness. Havertz is growing into this league and will be immense, would like to see Tomoroi alongside Silva, as his speed could complement Silva's guile. That is not to say Zouma played badly on the contrary he was very good. To finish, just saying, a proper full back on both sides does wonders to a team. Chilwell will be worth what we paid for him...... Liverpool Meh.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  8. Chelsea Pensioner

Also spot on. 2nd half Dave and Chilwell were making those forward runs and we looked a miles better team. All the front players put in loads of work but Werner particularly is not yet getting the kind of passes he thrives on. . He kept coming inside looking for more ball. When Pulisic and the other bloke get fit I think we'll see him play centre. Lots more to come yet, but looking pretty good.

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  9. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

The other bloke, as in Hakim Zyech CP.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

That'd be the one !! Got a memory like a sieve.
    Nice to see Liverpool are only human after all andUtd are not exactly setting the world on fire. I thought Liverpool had a dodgy defence when we played them to be honest, we were well below par but still could have had a couple

11. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Liverpool: Who are you? Who are you? :1980_boogie_down:

D95EF86D-A845-4DF3-A86F-1A40402B5DE1.jpeg

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  12. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

.....Chilwell proved he’s no bench player, he was the best footballer on the pitch in my opinion. I watched the game on BT Sport. Rio Ferdinand made an excellent comment about the Palarse forwards having an impossible task in being so far away from the Chelsea goal when they got the ball that they’d often have to run forty yards and still have the whole Chelsea defence to beat. We look far better in defence with Mendy and Thiago. I’ve never liked Kepa since the cup final against Man City when he refused to be substituted and am glad that Mendy looks well up to taking his place.

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Chilwell did look excellent in the 2nd half, far better than I expected him to be to be honest. Thiago also seems to have got Zouma playing more responsibly and the big Z also had an excellent game, as did Dave. They'll have tougher games, but looked solid and enterprising, and most importantly rediscovered how to start attacks from the back that led to goals.