1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Brighton

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Feb 24, 2019.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

The abuse from the fans started on Saturday as soon as Tielemans number went up, so where Iheanacho was going to play is irrelevant.

Anyway, it's just my opinion of some of our fans and I respect all of yours too.

We are entering a new chapter with our club and I will always get behind our players and management.

I will ask though, in 18 months time and things are going tits up and you start hurling abuse at the players and management, just remember they are human beings trying to do their best. Just think of yourselves at work getting abused by your colleagues and the feeling you feel.

I know there will always be morons amongst us, but don't try and join in.

That's my "dad" talk over with.

Enjoy the rest of the season and get behind the lads

7th may still be possible...................

2. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Im not trying to justify their boos ... buuuuuttt ... it was Tielemans home debut and was putting a good performance in after a good performace at Spurs, the people booing think taking off creative players will stop you creating chances (crazy i know) but they also assume that every player should easily be able to do 90+ minutes even though hes still adjusting to the pace of the prem.

Just for the record, ive never boo'd anyone, never will, my frustration always lies with the tactics deployed. If i was at work with someone watching me and im doing it inefficiently, i would expect them to let me know, unfortunately no-one will pay me to sit and watch me work.

I don't think anyone should boo tbh, but thats their prerogative if they have paid for a ticket, same as Man U fans constantly chanting "attack" under Jose.

Im a big backer of Iheanacho, unlike those that boo him, i can see that hes not going to be the next Jamie Vardy, our tactics are evolving into a method that should suit him better, but Puel never seemed to think (for whatever reason) that he was ready to be the number 9.

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

You have the exact same opinion as me on this matter - sad thing is that these "fans" will believe their own hype and will carry on their behaviour if things don't go their way.

5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Ive never got on any players back. Yes I will criticise them when they deserve it but not during the game and ive never singled out a player for playing bad

I still like Iheanacho and believe there is a player in there which hopefully Brendan can get out of him as Puel has destroyed the lad confidence

Ghezzal just isnt good enough. But he tries and while any player gives 100% then they deserve our full backing regardless of ability

Now Puel has gone and Brendan Rodgers is here. A very popular appointment we need to all pull as 1 again. Puel made himself an easy target and yes the style of play, fans, players etc. Arent going to change overnight. It will take weeks for Brendan to get his messages across and for the atmosphere to get back to what NP and Ranieri created

6. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I think that’s the Ghezzal problem... he ultimately is so so poor and offers so little but at least he always tries

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I have called out players here a lot of times but when they are in the team I would give them my full support - I have not kept my opinions that Morgan and Simpson are past their best secret but if they are in the team then that is my team to support.

Some players however get a lot of passes compared to others - people got pissed when Maddison and Vardy were dropped or subbed even when they were playing badly so lets see how much of that was that is was because Puel was making the decision.

Not sure why you are solely blaming Puel for destroying Iheanacho's confidence - he isn't the one that has been booing him when he has been coming on the past so many games. Sure you can say he that he was playing out of position in right wing but how many times did Vardy play on the wing early in his career with us before he learned what was needed from him - I also remember him saying that our great fans really buggered up his confidence and nearly drove him to quit the game...

8. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

Sounds just like Alan Parris from a year or thirty ago lol....

9. Proud Fox

Puel destroyed his confidence. Bringing him on to play on the wing and moving a winger up front. Playing a winger up front ahead of him

Not giving him decent service and playing to his strengths on the rare time he plays up front. Puel either played him behind Vardy or on the wing. He is a penalty box player

We paid £25M for him and he banged goals in at Man City who obviously see something still in him hence the buy back clause

Iheanacho is stuck in his shell confidence rock bottom and Puel hasnt helped him one bit only made it worse

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He was brought here to be more then just a penalty box goal hanger - ultimate aim was to have him replace Vardy by becoming a more complete player.

I point again to Vardy's development here - he was brought on and started on the wing as he developed here so it works. Is just our over entitled fans scapegoated the poor kid.

Rodgers is rather similar to Pearson in that they are good man manager but also arrogant buggers - hopefully Rodgers will be able to transfer some io that to Ihneacho like Pearson did to Vardy.

LeicesterWizard likes this.

11. Proud Fox

Vardy didnt play on the wing. Always upfront with Nugent

Iheanacho needs to play as an out and out striker. He is a penalty box player. All his goals for Man City showed that

12. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I also can’t remember Vardy on the wing apart from 2-3 times in the 6ish(?) years he’s been here...

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Vardy played on both wings under Pearson - we had Ulloa and Nugent as our strikers.

Iheanacho was a super sub at Man City - we want him to be more then that but he needs time which we aren't willing to give. If he was to play as an out and out striker, what would the reaction be to drop Vardy to do so? Seems like the vast majority of our fans don't even want him on the pitch as a winger.

Like I mentioned before, hopefully Rodgers can transfer some arrogance to him otherwise loan him to Celtic for a season and see if he comes good.

14. Proud Fox

Iheanacho just looks a shell of a player. He isnt and never will be a winger. Vardy played a few games there. Not enough to say we used him as a winger

Puel isnt a great man manager while Rodgers is. Hopefully he can get his confidence up. And he doesnt need to replace Vardy. We can play with 2 strikers at home to the weaker sides. Some fans have got on his back unfairly especially when his manager hasnt given him a fair shot

Vincente Iborra has made some comments about his time here saying it didnt matter what he did. He didnt get a fair chance. Everyone said and seen that except 1 man which is a shame. But time to move on

15. Proud Fox

Only time I can think of is the 5-3 win over Man U. But I think that was more a tactic then him playing as a winger as he completely destroyed Tyler Blackett

16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

There was a stretch when he played as a striker that season when Nugent was injured but otherwise was played as winger.

I remember being really negative about him starting up front under Raneiri because of how crap he played as a striker during the great escape only for him to be lead us to the Premier League title breaking the record for consecutive goals.

Hopefully Vardy will let Iheanacho know about that time in his life.

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Vardy is 32 and breaking down - we definitely need an alternative if not a replacement.

As for playing with 2 strikers, again I wonder what the reaction would be if we dropped Maddison or Tielemans for Iheanacho? Would Vardy be able to play as a support striker as well so Iheanacho can play his favoured out and out striker position?

Is Iborra talking about Iheanacho? If he is talking about himself, then based on his performances he would be our 4rd choice DM behind Ndidi, Mendy and Chaudary - if it was Silva then he would have something to complain about.

18. Proud Fox

I dont think Maddison and Tielemans can play together. It leave Ndidi with too much to do. Tielemans positionally is shocking off the ball and Maddison wont tackle

Its the managers job to find a way of getting the best out of Iheanacho. Puel didnt even come close to doing it

Iborra played well for us whenever he played. He deserved alot more games and Silva was bloody woeful whenever he played but deserved alot more and better then what he has been given this season. Apparently in training he was our best player

Choudhury is a weird one. Fell off the face of the earth all season. Played really well for a few games against the big boys and then disappeared again

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I agree with you but would argue that Maddison is the one that is getting into the wrong positions - the intention with playing both Maddison and Tielemans against Brighton was that Maddison was supposed to be the CM and be more deeper player but what happened was that he got in both Tielemans's and Barnes's way - kid is still learning but that is where someone experienced like Iborra might have helped and got guys into position. Pity we didn't see that when he did play.

20. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

I think Tielemans is a fabulous player and to take in the fact he is another 21 year old is amazing. I hope Silva plays out of his skin and Rodgers likes Tielemans as I would love to see him here full time.