1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Chelsea

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Robert Huth and Vincete Iborra should be back for the game. Kelechi Iheanacho returned and scored for Nigeria. Adrien Silva should have also received international clearance by then. So here is what I would go with

Schmeichel

Simpson
    Maguire
    Morgan
    Fuchs

Mahrez
    Silva
    Ndidi
    Albrighton

Vardy
    Okazaki

Subs- Hamer, Dragovic, Chilwell, James, Gray, Iheanacho, Slimani

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Wouldn't put Silva in straight away - not sure if the lad even speaks English so would stick with James.

This time however hopefully Shakespeare's substitutions won't mess us up.

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Schmeichel
    Simpson - Maguire - Morgan - Fuchs
    Mahrez - James - Ndidi - Albrighton
    Okazaki
    Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Dragovic, Amartey, Iborra, Sliva, Gray, Iheanacho.

Not the right game to showcase new signings, need to be solid all over the pitch.

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Probably this but wouldn't be upset to see either of Silva/Dragovic now they've had a week

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

What it will be

Schmeichel
    Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs
    Mahrez Ndidi James Albrighton
    Okazaki Vardy

Because there's nothing like being predictable

What I'd love to see going forwards whether this weekend of after

Schmeichel
    Maguire Huth Fuchs
    Albrighton Ndidi Silva Chilwell
    Mahrez or Iheanacho
    Vardy and Slimani or Iheanacho

3-5-2 with someone linking the midfield and strikers be it Mahrez or Kelechi and if Albrighton and Chilwell are getting the crosses in it could play out well for Slimani. Also forces teams to concentrate on wide positions as well as worrying about the middle where Mahrez or Iheanacho could cause havoc and Silva could be putting Vardy through. Not to mention Ndidi with his bursting runs.

That'd leave a bench if
    GK (either) Morgan Iborra Okazaki Gray James and whichever of Mahrez Slimani or Iheanacho isn't in the starting line up

6. JohnTheFox

I know he is French born (Silva) and I have a feeling I saw somewhere he does speak English as well as French. Can't remember where I saw that so don't quote me but think he's multi lingual. Do we know if Iborra does?
    At least given the signings we made earlier in the summer it should be an issue as Iheanacho, Maguire and Jakupovic all do. Not sure about Dragovic but a lot of Austrians/Germans speak good English and he'll have Fuchs and Huth who speak German

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Iborra can speak good enough.

Dunno about Dragovic - he hasn't had an interview here in a Leicester shirt yet so we will find out.

8. JohnTheFox

Good re Iborra. As I say, I'd be confident on Dragovic, most people from that part of Europe have a grasp of English as they aren't lazy like our country.
    I'm sure we'll get interviews with them shortly

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Apparently the smart money is on us winning - hopefully they will throw Drinkwater straight in and he will lose the ball and run out of position chasing it like he did for us...

10. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Latest from Shakey

Iborra and Huth will play with the under 23's on Monday so both will miss Chelsea

Dragovic is ready to play

Iheanacho is fit but short on minutes

Its in the clubs lawyers hands regards to Adrien Silva

11. JohnTheFox

Given the terrible injury he had all through August I'd assume he can't play <whistle>

12. JohnTheFox

So what's going on guys. Genuinely, I've been out the country in the states since after the Brighton match so haven't seen anything of the last two matches not even match of the day. Is is genuinely concerning of do we put it down to narrow defeats by two good sides? End of the day they aren't heavy defeats and can we put the early precarious position down to the fixture computer? Last season the downfall wasn't these games (although we were getting hammered) but the teams around us such as the 4 game run of 1 point including Sunderland, WBA, Watford and I forget the forth.
    I'm seeing lots of panic on other sites but on here always seems more level headed and rational. Would those of you who have seen the last couple of games feel confident we can get wins against Huddersfield and Liverpool?

13. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Shakespear needs to bench Mahrez before the player gets him the sack in revenge for not letting him go!
    most of you said how well he played against Brighton (wow) I ask you were was he today I will tell you he was AWOL.

14. JohnTheFox

If that's the case, again not having seen for myself, it seems a perfect chance to mix things up. Unfortunately we will no doubt stick to 4-4-2. Very rigid. If Mahrez could do with benching, why not

Schmeichel
    Morgan Maguire Huth (or Fuch/Dragovic)
    Albrighton Ndidi James or Iborra Chilwell
    Iheanacho
    Slimani Vardy

3-5-2 with Iheanacho in the hole, Slimani to get on the end of crosses from a Albrighton and Chilwell. The third CB is up for grabs with Huth coming back, Fuchs capable on the left of a 3 and Dragovic and again, Iborra coming back from injury. Shakey won't try that though

15. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

I wanted Slimani to do so well for us! but watching his performance today oh dear oh dear
    he had to be taken off at half time. I just want Slimani and Musa to come good for us
    may be next time <smooch>

FosseFilberto likes this.
  16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Mahrez has won us points this season and it will not be him that gets Shakey the sack ... we have coneded 8 goals against the better sides and the defending has been pretty abject, that's the real problem ... particularly Wes ...

17. JohnTheFox

Huth to come back very soon and Dragovic if he proves to be any good so hopefully we'll become stronger. We've put in better shows in these fixtures than last year so hopefully once we get players back and some better fixtures we'll move on up the league. How do you feel about Shakey's tactics and subs etc Fosse?

18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

The defending is really worrying ...the last two goals against Arsenal, Rashford's goal and Morata's were all preventable by proper marking and organisation ...

I'm also a little depressed when our idea of a game changer is Kingy ... as much as I love what the bloke has done for the club.

Mahrez is our only real creative influence which is worrying ... personally I'd play him in a more central role until we bring in somone else with creativity with Gray and Albrighton as wing backs perhaps. Slimani needs service from the flanks and Vards needs someone who can slip the killer pass inside the centre backs.

19. JohnTheFox

See my above team suggestion. Either Mahrez or Iheanacho in the hole with vardy and Slimani or Iheanacho up front with Albrighton and I'd go with Chilwell not Gray as left wing back though. If we get Silva in (if) he'd provide service through the middle for Vardy with crosses coming from wide and hopefully some creativity in the hole as well. That makes so much sense but Shakey is seemingly scared to move from 4-4-2 which is annoying

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Dragovic and Fuchs played together for Austria many times so that should help him coming in ... I'd be sorely tempted to try a back 3 of Fuchs, Dragovic and Maguire with the wing backs ...