1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Chelsea

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 4, 2017.

1. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I facepalmed when i heard he was coming on, it could have been Silva, but there you go...

Felt Grey had one of his best games yet, Mahrez certainly had one of his worst, Ndidi worked his arse off in the middle of the park just for Mahrez to keep giving it away. Hard to throw Slimani in against a team with 3 central defenders and Kante and expect him to work miracles. Good appearance by Iheanacho, would like to start the next game with the team that finished today, with James back in for King.

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd be tempted to agree, Maguire and two if Huth, Dragovic and and Fuchs anyway and like you say the Austria connection could do it. Albrighton and Chilwell, 'ideally' Silva and Ndidi with a front 3 combo as mentioned. That would be a good team but needs us to have some joy with Silva and Shakey to show courage with the selections

3. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

We only have 3 points <doh>

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

People need on relax. We have lost to Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea. Not 3 relegation battlers

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Which is a good view if we want to finish 17th but currently looks about all we're capable of. The results on the face of it are at least an improvement on the respective fixtures last season and I felt confident after Arsenal (attacking display) and 2-0 at Man U isn't the end of the world. I'm more concerned about Shakey's tactics and subs as well as reluctance to change things if they aren't working. The whole Silva debarcle has understandably put a cloud over things as well

6. Proud Fox

I dont get how Slimani gets in ahead of Ulloa

At least Ulloa puts himself about and can actually score with his feet from time to time

7. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I think it will be a while before we Slimani again.
    I'm liking the idea of us going to 3 at the back (on here anyway)
    Don't think you can drop Fuchs as he has been excellent so far. My man of the match on Saturday, just ahead of Ndidi.

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Yup ... Mahrez was almost universally acclaimed as the man of the match in the only game we have won and in which he scored the opener .. therefore ... (I'll leave the rest to you) <laugh>

9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Absolutely ... but we do need to step up against the Udders .... our attacking potential is frighteningly good ... but we need to stop conceding silly goals and to have more creativity ...

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Shakespeare is showing his inexperience as we have seen last year - only has one plan and is steadfastly sticking to it.

King is a good player but you would only bring him on to defend a lead not when you are chasing one - maybe because he is pals with all of the players, he has a bit too much faith in them to do more.

Is not like we have games for him to find his feet as well - need to win against Huddersfield then have a FA Cup and league double header vs Liverpool who had our number when we first used these tactics 2 years ago.

11. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

MOM against Brighton! everyone played well, just a pity he can' do it against the top teams we will never agree to you the sun shines out of his backside! to me he can do great things at times but to me his bad habits far out weigh the good, and I stand by what I said if Shakespeare does not bench him it will cost him his job! just my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  12. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Relax, I think it'll all be fine

13. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I only saw the highlights on MOTD and the 2 clips in which Mahrez featured showed him actually running at full tilt and winning the ball back! I was absolutely gobsmacked and assumed he must have had a good game. Same with Slimani. It must have been Mahrez's agent editing the footage!

jambawamba likes this.
  14. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Although i don't think he'll be dropped, Mahrez has to have an improved performance.

Think the 3 games against the top 6 sides have shown us why top CL sides weren't interested in buying him.

15. Proud Fox

Matty James and Christian Fuchs are doubts. Ben Chilwell will come in and either Iborra or Andy King then

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Iborra please <laugh>

LeicesterWizard likes this.