1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Fulham

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

And Demarai Gray and James Maddison need to take note of what Harvey Barnes did. Rather then falling over all the time stay on your feet. Barnes could have gone down but stayed up and set Vardy’s goal up

Atm Barnes is getting extremely close to scoring but his build up play is superb

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Still found that very frustrating. I think it’s the lack of focus and silly mistakes that can appear as lack of effort that bother me and letting a team as poor as that back in the game.
    I also thought the game management from the bench in terms of subs was very negative but happily paid off. However this was nothing different to the previous regime so to me I’d look at the players here.
    Plus side Ndidi bossed it, great win of the ball and ball through to Vardy to set up Tielemans and Maddison’s ball to Vardy from in his own half was sublime. As was Barnes’. We seemed to have a lot of joy with the low through balls, will be interesting to see if it was just due to the opposition.
    Disappointing that Chilwell and Maguire switched off for their goal.
    It’s just weird as from what I can see Rodgers hasn’t changed anything in terms of team selection and game management but it’s amazing what a difference it makes when the team play for him...

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This is probably the reason why Morgan is getting an extension - there is no authority in the team making sure that everyone keeps their focus and he is the best we have. Hopefully Evans will be better next season when he isn't the new boy at the club.

Ndidi faded a lot the the second half - wasn't completely his fault as our lack of urgency put more pressure on him but we can't forget that he still is a kid learning his position and getting no help from anyone else in midfield as they are all attack minded.

Barnes is annoying me as he has a lot of good cameos but that is all - again is a kid learning his trade but I do find it strange how only Gray gets flack for the exact same thing.

I wouldn't count our chickens before they hatch - this performance doesn't measure anywhere close to how we played vs Man City or even our loss against Spurs - but is keeping our fickle fans happy for the time being.

Those dickheads booing Ghezzal should be ashamed of themselves though - pity that we don't have guys around to educate them in how to support our club like we did back in the day. I remember going to a lot of games when we were dire under Holloway and there were a couple of old boys who sat near me who used to silence any dissent against our players while the game was going on with threats of smashing in their teeth - after the final whistle they would join in with the anger but you have to support your team FFS.

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

We just really need a RM in the summer

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

And another RB, CM and striker...

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Much better ... the future is shaping nicely ...<cheers>

7. Proud Fox

Our team reminds me of our first year back. Team lacks game management which is why Cambiasso was so important that year

Great having young players but they will do silly things at times

Rodgers tactics cant change too much from the bench as we dont have much depth. We dont have any game changers to bring on our mix it up. Only subs he can make is bringing on defensive players or Ghezzal, Shinji or Iheanacho

Once Barnes gets his goal he will get better and better. I thought he was superb when he got the ball yesterday, flicks, dribbles and that shot Rico tipped wide was superb

Gray got flak as everytime he touched the ball he lost it or fell over. Ghezzal its embarrasing to hear fans boo him. Shinji is loved yet all he offers us is workrate. Same as Ghezzal

Ghezzal was always going to be on a hiding to nothing due to comparisons with Mahrez. Look the same, same nationality and same type of player.

But it was good to see us play some positive football for once and we will only get better

8. JohnTheFox

Agree that is the reason for Morgan but still think his time is done.
    Ndidi did fade with the whole side for a bit but looks at his best alongside Tielemans not Mendy.
    I think Barnes won’t get the flack as he is a newer on the block and is a lot more unselfish (assist for the goal) but it’s harsh that Gray gets stick anyway.
    Your next point is what’s annoying me as that wasn’t a performance that we haven’t been capable of putting it. Nothing has changed from Puel other than some good fortune and the players trying that bit harder. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth that we’ve wasted a season where we could have done something.
    I’ve said for ages our fans are a major part of the problem around the club. They take a disliking to Puel, Ghezzal, Iheanacho etc and are blind to anything but that and won’t give any credit for the good (Ghezzal has been no worse than Gray all season) and just boo anything. I preferred the days of having 20000 who get behind the team, the extra 10000 are plastics

BigFox and Lcfcfox1 like this.
  9. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

It would have been very interesting to hear the crowds reaction if Puel was still in charge when Tielemans was subbed yesterday. Our thick, fickle fans would have booed the place down,instead of giving Tielemans a standing ovation.

I will say it again, anyone who boo our own players are clueless w***ers and thick as *hit!!

FosseFilberto likes this.
  10. JohnTheFox

Agreed, this is what makes me uncomfortable. The system we set up with, the game management and the subs yesterday were so much like Puel but it just worked for Rodgers. That’s no Puels fault. Shows more that a lot of our problems at home were due to player attitudes which tbf probably came about due to the negativity from the stands....if fans would just support the manager and the team we’d probably have had a good season

11. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Puel left us in a good place, didn’t produce on the pitch and now it’s tome to move on.

I thank him and don’t hate him and he did some good work off the pitch but it was time for fresh leadership

12. Proud Fox

Booing our players is a disgrace full stop. Booing the team after a bad performance while I dont but I can understand and accept that

As for Puel. You need to let it go now. Brendan Rodgers wont change things in a week or 2 or 3. It will take time

Puel got rid of all our back up midfielders and strikers so its hard to change things too much. The major thing that cost Puel was lack of intensity in our play. There isnt a switch you can just flick on. It will take 5 or
    6 weeks to get that back

We won the game quite comfortable but let them back into the game when we shouldnt be thats what we are going to get with a young team. We scored 3 goals and won the game. Just enjoy it as we havent won many game at home in the last 12 months

stevefox likes this.
  13. JohnTheFox

Very happy with the win, just frustrated that we’ve had so many missed opportunities and lost points due to our ‘fans’ making the atmosphere toxic and making our young, talented team nervous. It’s no coincidence that we’ve been better away....

14. Proud Fox

A major reason we have scored goals in the last few games is we have passed the ball forwards more and got Vardy involved alot more

No surprise that he has started scoring goals again now we pass to him

Whatever has happened pre-Rodgers. Forget it. Move on. Its been discussed to death and going over old ground wont help us at all going forward

15. JohnTheFox

I’m talking about our fans. A large section were t**ts pre Rodgers and will be again once the novelty wears off. We’ve been pretty good away from home the whole time as the small number who follow on the road will always get behind the team. Our fan base has been toxic since the title win and I can’t see that changing

16. Proud Fox

I think under Rodgers the club are onto something. Unfortuntley like all clubs we have some knobs but at least they arent as bad as the Birmingham lot

The toxic atmosphere was at the end of last season and the last few months. Only way the atmosphere will improve is by winning home matches. We have won back to back home matches for the first time in a very long time

Things are on the up now. Time to stop dwelling and looking forwards

17. JohnTheFox

Hmm, I’m just disillusioned with it. Title season aside I haven’t enjoyed home games since we were in the championship due to the inevitability that you are surrounded by clueless morons. I loved going when we were in the championship and league one but recent years have just ruined the enjoyment at home imo. Back to back wins hasn’t changed that for me

18. Proud Fox

It will take time to change things. This disillusionment started under Puel. Not all his fault but there is a disconnect with the fans and players atm

If you want me to pinpoint a moment where things went wrong for Puel and the atmosphere it was when Mahrez went on strike. We lost something then, results dipped as did performances and they never came back

Rodgers already has got the players onside. Something Puel never seemed to do. We have a nice fixture list atm, abit of momentum to end the season and we can regroup properly on and off the pitch. Something I believe the club really need. Its been a extremely difficult season for us. I think the club needs the summer break

19. JohnTheFox

My disconnect started at the Watford home play off game the season before we came up. I can pin point that game as the one I realised that if we went up the stadium would be packed with plastic, moronic hangers on and the enjoyment would be sucked away.
    I get more enjoyment on the occasions I joint my mates up here down at Bramall Lane as it reminds me what it’s like to see a club where the supporters back the club, owner, manager and players and pull in the same direction and get behind their team creating an enjoyable, positive atmosphere. I don’t see us getting that back whilst we are in the premier league. We all know that our ‘fans’ will turn on Rodgers the moment things don’t go so well

20. Proud Fox

So you prefered us struggling in the championship?

Unfortunley people will always jump on the bandwagon. Fact of life

I really enjoyed the League 1 season but I dont ever want to go back

Vichai’s vision is to cement Leicester in the top 7/8 in the Premier League while increasing the stadium and fan base. So unfortuntley we will pick up some more idiots along the way. At least they dont run on the pitch trying to punch players