1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Man U

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Aug 23, 2017.

1. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Mahrez had his best game for a long time and put in far more effort. If he keeps playing like that, I hope he stays.

Much better defensive performance all round, with Harry Maguire absolutely outstanding at the back and bringing the ball out. Having said that, the 2 goals we did ship were poor - particularly the second one where the defense didn't get tight enough.

The disappointment for me was Okazaki; he had one of his games where he went to ground too easily and never looked to have the ball under control. The pass across the edge of the box that led to the penalty was just ridiculous, but was only one of the many times we gave the ball away far too cheaply. Those tight spots where we are looking to play the ball out from the back is when we need DD. He might give the ball away by pinging it up to Vardy too quickly, but his strength at keeping the ball in those tight situations is something that no other player offers. Can't believe that thigh strain can be still there after 4 months. Would be very surprised if he is still here in September.

2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

United set another record in this game ... fielding the first ever £400 million EPL line up <yikes>

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

First goal was poor and second offside

Agreed that Drinkwater would have made a big difference as the midfield didn't really shift the ball very well

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Best stat to come out of the game - Kasper has saved more penalties at Old Trafford than his old man.

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I missed the game as I was Ina helicopter over the Grand Canyon. I probably got the better deal tbh but from what I'm reading some promising signs then? Sounds like Mahrez is back and hopefully may stay. Morgan better than against Arsena? Maguire sounds like he had another top game as well. How was Vardy?

6. leicester_ed

Morgan was solid - I still think he is excellent and gets a hard time

Vardy was pretty anomalous but didn't really have any service and seemed to take a knock after 40 minutes

7. JohnTheFox

I'm really undecided on Morgan. He can still be class on his day but him and Huth seem to be picking up more injuries which could be age catching up. I think both can do a job but Smalling would be excellent to partner Maguire and keep Morgan and Huth in the squad

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  8. leicester_ed

I don't overly rate Smalling but equally I didn't really want Maguire either so I'm open to ideas...

JohnTheFox likes this.
  9. JohnTheFox

I think Smalling is a very good player who comes from the right background (non-league Maidstone before he moved to Fulham so similar Vardy story) who is a cog in a very big Man Utd machine who would stand out more in a mid sized club such as ours

LeicesterWizard likes this.