1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Team v Southampton

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Foxy in Foyle, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

#LCFC XI to face #SaintsFC: Schmeichel, Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans, Chilwell, Choudhury, Maddison, Praet, Barnes, Perez, Vardy.

Subs
    Subs: Ward, Justin, Benković, Tielemans, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho.

#LeiSou

#SaintsFC XI to face #LCFC: McCarthy, Cedric, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand, Hojbjerg, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Redmond, Long, Ings.

Definitely expecting this to be a closer game than the away fixture. Southampton have improved significantly since our mauling.
    Hopefully a good home performance though and a win.

2. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

Agree, Southampton have been playing well recently. It'll take few games to adjust to playing without Ndidi so we are more likely to concede for a while but as long as we keep the attacking up, we'll keep scoring too. I've a feeling Choudhury will be a key factor in this one.

3. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Didn't see much of the match but saints played well and sounds like they deserved to win.
    We seemed defensively shaky and played well under par from what Idid see. 3 disallowed goals though?!

4. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

no complaints about the result. we were not even close today. hey ho .. we move on.. love the way Brendan speaks even in defeat

5. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Sorry, but Chilwell had another absolute nightmare, others did too, but I think he just needs a rest.

6. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

We were already fired up for this game, but the moron who decided to show the goals from the St Marys fixture helped us to an extra 10%. That cheap shot was not appreciated by the travelling fans. Just pleased our players put it to bed.

Libby likes this.
  7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Southampton thoroughly deserved it and well done to them. I think a combination of fixture pile up and missing Ndidi showed today. Agree there was no need for the 9-0 replays and this was mentioned several times in the commentary. At least the team now get an 8 day break to recharge and then go again in cups and league.

8. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I think Southampton your fans have been too sensitive about that tbf. It was a once in a life time result and it’s hardly malicious, a wind up if anything. Anyway like you said, it may have helped you yesterday but I think most people already knew you’d get a result of some sort yesterday with a point to prove from last time regardless of that. You’ve been on a great run since then anyway so really, you owe us for not spiralling down to the bottom end <cheers>

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Well I don’t know how many times recently we can come away saying that was our worst showing of the season but that probably was it as although Southampton are a very good team in great form, they are not Liverpool or Man City but made as comfortable a job of getting a result from us as anyone this season along with the top two. It’s not like they have a string of world class players like the other two as we don’t but they won but doing what we previously did so well but haven’t for a couple of months now which was just hard work and desire to create all those openings. We were fortunate there finishing was poor really as it could have been so much worse.
    Thank **** we’ve built such a cushion up to 5th but tbh I still don’t think it’ll be enough. They way we’ve been the last couple of months I can just see that being gradually wiped away until we wake up and are within a game of losing it....

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
: LCFC, SaintsFC, LeiSou