1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Watford

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Feb 27, 2019.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Unless Chilwell receives the ball in front of him, he has to come inside or backwards as his right foot is for standing on only. This slows the play down every time.

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Gray slows us down aswell. He cant just run with the ball. And wont cross or shoot on the run. He needs to take 2 or 3 touches and often loses the ball

I get they are young and learning and Chilwell has improved alot this season but with Gray its the same every week. I want to see him take people on using his pace not his skill he doesnt have any. He need to stop trying to play like Mahrez

3. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

I write as a WFC fan. I've read briefly all the comments on this thread - found them quite amusing.
    1) On our thread the comments saying Moss is hopeless - as in he avoided giving anything for Deeney being ill-treated all game, and a couple of other misjudgments - exactly echoes your opinions - just the other way round. Either Moss is completely useless, or , perhaps, just perhaps, the supporters see only what they want to see. (I think he's useless, but there you go).
    2) I thought we had a -ve bunch of fans - esp. those writing to our local 'paper, but on the basis of this thread, perhaps a lot of you should go and help coventry city. Rodgers is no fan of ours, but you will play decent football under him - just give him some time.
    3) WFC always find Leicester hard to defeat - it's always close. Yesterday was no different, although WFC looked better organised mostly.
    4) I think Vardy has learnt his lesson - he didn't go looking for a trip by Mariappa. Whether it warranted red is debatable, but I would say that.
    5) Whether deeney was offside depends on your view. I've always believed it was feet position - hence he wasn't offside. I'm not sure VAR would sort yesterday's one out to everybody's satisfaction. We've had terrible decisions with offside this season usually conceding goals. I must say there was very little complaining to the ref yesterday - a lot of complaining about him though!
    6) Finally, and this depends on how you view the game generally. If VAR is to be used, it can and should be used far more - and discreetly, until ALL the cheating is eliminated. Personally, I would stop the clock when the ball goes out of play, or the game is stopped, until play restarts - eliminating timewastig at a stroke. Game would then be 60 minutes of in play action - still take 90 minutes! I would remove linespersons (although the female one, sian I think, is the best i have seen - brilliant decisions), as their only (apparent) contribution is to fail to see offsides. If players steal yards at throw -ins, make them take the ball back the same distance behind the right spot. If players argue with the ref, move the freekick they are whinging about 10 yards. If that moves it into the penalty area - it's a penalty.

I do hope this horrible season you are having is soon put behind you, and next year will be much much better - still finishing behind us though!

FosseFilberto likes this.
  4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Fair points. Tbf Moss’s reputation with us preceeds itself, he’s had nothing but shockers against us in the past. As a Leicester fan (naturally leaning in our favour) I’d have said red against Marriapa as we know Vardy would have been clean through. That’s due to Vardys pace though and wouldn’t be the case for many others and I’d have felt aggrieved if we’d had a red against us. Probably the same for the offside looking back, right call. Goes for you you love it if it does against you you look to the millimetre!

It’s very much an exaggeration for anyone to say we’ve had a horrible season. It’s been beyond average and frustrating as we feel the squad has so much more potential than it has shown and although on a personal note, I’d be happy to see sustained success achieved over a number of years, we all know clubs of both our sizes will get picked off by the big boys and we won’t be allowed to do that (Chilwell, Maguire, Maddison amongst those that according to the press have already left so must have been imagining seeing them play for us yesterday) so there in lies the impatience of fans to see success now.
    I’m sure Rodgers will come good, tbf my comments on this thread have generally been digs at one particular poster of ours who had nothing but abuse towards Puel and constantly referred to him as a cancer in our club which I think is an appalling thing to write on a football message board. I’m still not convinced at our timing of all this is all.

5. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

My reference to your 'horrible' season wasn't about the football, but the tragic events before Xmas.
    It's a bit easier for us to accept that we are 'small'. LCFC are significant, just not quite big enough,but of course, you will always have the miracle season. Fair to say that all of us outside the money machines enjoyed it almost as much as if we'd won it !
    See you next year !

FosseFilberto likes this.
  6. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

We have a weird record with Watford. We always lose 2-1 at their place and beat them quite comfortably at the KP. Easy 3 points for both clubs every year