1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

THAT Rickie Lambert Interview

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by nick_obee, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Honestly Lamb, because I think it's something that needs to be discussed openly with the whole forum. I think that's important in order to firstly dispel confusion and irritation, and secondly for future reference.

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Dogs and bones come to mind...that's what got them banned and that's what most people are doing now. Joe and Dan have been on the headmaster's step and are now local heroes...they haven't been shot.

3. Le Tissier's Laces

Sorry Fran, not quite getting the reference? I'm probably being stupid in that....?

This is a football forum. And it's a generally well behaved and well moderated forum. What it isn't is a bridge club, thankfully. Or a coffee morning. It will have moments where it gets lively. I'm not sure what the directive is any more though because I can't see where it was broken.

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

We have not extended any ban it was as you were told yesterday they got 48 hours for an accumulation of misdemeanours. Yes they were silly we don't enjoy banning people at all but no one is bigger than the forum. If you do not enjoy posting on here may I respectfully suggest you look elsewhere. I am convinced though that you will not enjoy the other forums as much as this one. At least that is the verdict of a lot of you.......Now lets move on.

5. ThatThereSaintsFan

ThatThereSaintsFan Well-Known Member

Except seemingly all of the mods.

6. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

EDIT: TTSF has covered it.

7. Le Tissier's Laces

The whole point for me personally Beddy is that I do absolutely enjoy posting here. I enjoy the interaction with (nearly) all of you both in terms of Saints and also on other off topic threads. It's great. It's generally a nice place to spend time and I'm fond of it.

I'm just slightly struggling to see what benefit you guys are getting from being quite so draconian. All I see is fallout right now, which is spoiling the nice place to be. And it was entirely avoidable.

8. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

Would be a bit ****ty if the mods could only act with our consent. I wonder if those who keep complaining are also volunteering to take on the role?

I disagreed with the ban too, but is 2 days without a football forum that big a deal? I was in France last week and enjoyed the break immensely!

9. ChrisMarsdenFootballGenius

In what way have they been draconian? Their job is just to moderate our forum according to a set of rules set out by the forum owners and agreed by us. People broke the rules multiple times; they purposefully tread close to the line, they know they do and I'm sure they'll be back having done their time.

I like both Joe and Dan and think they contribute a lot to the forum, but they are the biggest WUMs around in many ways. I'm not sure everyone realises this though...

10. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

So 3 lines is your limit. Noted. I used to know someone with a liking for cocaine who had the same issue.

11. Beddy

You are right it is a nice place we enjoy it as well.....in your eyes perhaps it may be draconian and also it would be avoidable if they hadn't been so silly. Which ever way we go we are wrong. The decision to ban was not made lightly we knew it would upset a few but it still had to be done.
    They will be back on Friday morning and it will be up to them whether they post or whether they prefer to stay away. That is always the choice whoever comes onto this site.
    Now that is my last word on the subject. Please now leave it there...we are not going to change the ban.
    Now can we get back to the original posters subject matter or would you prefer it to be closed.

12. Le Tissier's Laces

I just don't see that in them at all, or the rules that have supposedly been broken. Maybe that's just me. I' just looking at it like this -

Amount of bother Joe/Dan were causing being silly = 0.00001
    Amount if bother caused by mods reaction/losing DTLW/Beefy etc = 100

It feels unnecessary but everyone is being too proud to compromise with something sensible.

Oh well.

13. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

I volunteer!

14. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

Just because something is a rule doesn't make it right

15. Beddy

MMJ...you are priceless.....<laugh>

16. breconsaint

breconsaint Active Member

I agree 100% with the need for free exchange of ideas. Short of breaking the law, I think that anything should go. Don't agree with the ban.

Having said that, the punishment is not exactly on a Stalinist level. Surely, anyone who can't cope without a football forum for a couple of days needs to rearrange their priorities?

17. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

:emoticon-0116-evilg

18. Le Tissier's Laces

Okay, frustration/irritation/disagreement/disappointment expressed and, who knows, perhaps registered.

Onwards.

19. Libby

Libby 9-0

What a crock of ****, the moderation here I feel sometimes ruins a great forum... Someone earlier asked for examples to be provided.... where are they ??

20. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

Shut up, I'd be great at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.