1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

THAT Rickie Lambert Interview

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by nick_obee, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeTheSaint

JakeTheSaint Member

Sorry I meant could a Fulham mod ban me but if other mods from the Norwich board felt it wasn't a good enough reason, could they unban me?

2. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

If you consider the intent of the comments I think there's a fairly clear difference between saying "calm down" or "don't sweat" and calling someone a bed wetter. The bed wetter line is far more aggressive and far less likely to be followed up by a reasoned response. I think it's telling that people throughout society use the first two phrases all the time and I'd be happy to use either phrase in, say, a work meeting. I only ever hear/see people being called bed wetters on football forums and would never consider it acceptable to say that in a meeting at work.

It also seems quite clear to me that calling someone a bed wetter is not an attempt to suggest that someone has a bladder condition, the intention is to suggest that person is emotionally unstable and dismiss their opinion. It may not quite be a personal attack but I'd certainly say it's likely to provoke an unsavoury or inappropriate response and I believe that's against the rules of this forum.

3. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

That's sort of the point. I agree with LTL that I can't see what they've done. Surely part of the reason you would suspend/ban someone is to deter others from doing the same thing? How are people supposed to avoid doing what Joe and Dan have done when we don't really know what it is?

4. saintgreg10

saintgreg10 Well-Known Member

This all needs to chill out now. I fear for this great forum if this attempted uprising continues. Let the mods to their job, they've run the forum brilliantly since its inception and I think it's time people let them off the hook and give them the benefit of the doubt.

5. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

Maybe the name of the thread could be changed? Then I won't keep coming on here to read about Rickie to find it's still about a 48 hour ban being given. :)

6. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

Well the rules for forum usage are around..somewhere (cant be arsed finding T&Cs right now) and I'm guessing one of the reasons you cant see what they've done is because offending material is either deleted or edited out when someone gets a warning.

7. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Exactly

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Anyone could guess what is unacceptable on here. I doubt Joe and Dan would resort to racism or others -isms, so would suspect it was considered they were being too personal in their arguments and persisted despite warnings. They were probably being provocative deliberately and are loving all this fuss. This is not a case for a European civil rights courts...they have received a 48 hr ban from a football forum.

9. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

In that situation the respective mods would have to argue the point out with the super mods, who actually do the banning and unbanning.

10. fran-MLs little camera

Super mods....wow:shocked: Can they fly and stuff?

11. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Nothing has been deleted/edited. They were banned at the point at which they made the "dickhead" comment.

12. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

They were banned due to an accumulation of complaints/infringements. Seeing as Puck asked why we can't see those i said that they had probably been deleted or edited as they happened due to being offensive/against the rules.

13. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Their powers are limitless <yikes>

14. lamby

you can say that again.

15. fran-MLs little camera

It's usually being too personal that upsets people. The mods have to act if they get a lot of complaints. It's alright other people saying that they wouldn't be bothered...you can't set the bar at the level wanted by people with rhinoceros skin.

16. - Doing The Lambert Walk

That's the point at which they were banned. Because Beefy joking called Osvaldorama a dickhead, which both of them acknowledged as a non-serious comment. It was then continued by Dan and Joe.

Now, I said I wasn't going to be posting on here until further notice - and I haven't been talking about football on here. But I was asked to put this across. It hasn't been deleted, and they tell me that there were no warnings given during that flurry of posts.

17. fran-MLs little camera

Sometimes kids need to be on the naughty step. They'll be back on Friday totally well behaved #flyingpigs

18. lamby

DTLW they were banned after repeated warnings as Spaced Saint confirmed yesterday and gave an example. Our mods don't make the rules but have to act if they are repeatedly broken.

19. ChrisMarsdenFootballGenius

The reasons have been discussed to death DTLW... if there are broader points to discuss, go for it, otherwise can we move on?

20. - Doing The Lambert Walk

The point being, myself (and others) can't see what rule they've broken - and no one is willing to clarify it. A bit ****, in my book.

"Repeated offences" and even when their ban came through it said "no specified reason", which kind of says it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.