1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

THAT Rickie Lambert Interview

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by nick_obee, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

I think you will find you have quoted the warning they were given. Now, please let's move on.

2. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

"Children, please" is a warning? Because the other one sure as hell is not.

3. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Apologies. But I'm not posting about it anywhere but here, so if people are sick of it - let the thread die.

As it happens, I and a few others aren't particularly satisfied (and I know, we don't have to be), with what happened. That's the way it is.

4. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

We will just have to all agree to differ. Now on to 3 points on Saturday!

5. ChrisMarsdenFootballGenius

I think we should be aiming for four points on Saturday to be honest. Three doesn't really match my ambition.

6. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

7. Saintjoey

Saintjoey Well-Known Member

I've moved on. **** happens, let's get on with doing what brought us here in the first place. Talking Saints.

8. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

For all the accusations of drama queenery on here from various users, this situation really has taken the absolute biscuit. The parallel playing out of two very different hunts for justice in my browser windows (the James Foley fallout in one and this in my other) beggars belief. People on here need to get a life. Seriously! Maybe Joe and Dan are getting some fresh air or something good like that. They’ll be doing a day of no 606 for every year James Foley did in captivity, and won’t be getting beheaded at the end with a penknife (mods to confirm).

Chat about football or don’t chat about football. No need for dramatic announcements or self-imposed step-downs that a. last a matter of hours, and b. mean absolutely nothing to most people on here. Both posters were purposefully trying to push the line and wind up the mods, and the mods called their bluff. Back in time for the weekend, and probably with a load more life experience. Amazed this is still being discussed.

The users who have stormed off the forum will unironically be telling other users to stop being drama queens when we concede a last minute goal against WBA in no time.

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Just because Foley got beheaded doesn't mean we have to put it as a example for people complaining about something.First guy "Oh look that guy is beating that other guy up" Second guy " he is only getting beaten up, Foley was beheaded so that guy is fine". Everything is different and people should have a right to complain etc if they don't agree with something. Just because it isn't on the same level as Foley means nothing. Look at the Red Cross advert they put it across right, people starving in Africa and old people left alone in the UK may not be the same but we can still feel sorry for them.

I'm moving on from the arguing tho, the mods know how I and others feel. I just may be reporting people from now on that give out abuse were as I use not to give a crap.

10. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Well, that is some perspective on the matter and thanks for the post, and your support. I am going to close this down now as I indicated yesterday. If folk want still to carry on the discussion, it's the off-topic thread that's the place from now on. (Please do not start another thread as this has nothing to do with football.
    Lastly I will just add that those who are complaining that they are unsure what would constitute conduct likely to lead to a ban, you only have to look at the Newbies Guide where I have copied the site rules. Frankly, a lot of people ride a coach and horses through these on a daily basis, and yet no action is taken. Why? Because we have to try to find a sensible middle way. I too find expressions such as "bed-wetting" very offensive. Would you insult those with Arthitus as "cripples"? Every time we let things past, for every poster who enjoys the freedom to use these expressions, how many others do we put off, because the environment is overly aggressive, confrontational and occasionally thuggish? That's my final word, time to move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.