1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

THE 1 MONTH LOCKDOWN

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Nov 12, 2020.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

In the first lockdown it was a bit of a novelty to have sunshine... spring and summer and so much to do. EXERCISE was an eye opener to a lot of people as they ventured out on walks, and the poor old dog was often a victim! although quite "aged" I am quite active but this past week has been quite a drag for some reason. My walks less exciting … no butterflies, insects or just a few plants to grab my attention. What is left is just the squirrels and a few varieties of bird.. and failing light.
    took almost 2000 photos between April and end of August of which 500 went into my collection.
    With Jo Wiley now assisting me 3 times a week it is a break in my tedium …………….
    what are you doing to keep occupied in this lockdown?
    PS ROD how did you get on in hospital?

2. realred1952

doesn't anyone do anything in lockdown? hobbies .. pastimes … read a book, a rare thing nowadays, although there is a few places where mini book exchanges have been put up... borrow return give take? .. walk around the block, amazing how you can do the same route and suddenly come across something you hadn't noticed before … There is 2 animals in my local area that are extremely common [ within the housing estate ] Foxes, that after dark will follow you around should you be in the area of the takeaways,usually 1 , 2 or 3 at a time! guess they are waiting for you to be one of the inconsiderate who just dump their leftover or packaging in the hope.
    GREY Squirrels .. I picked around 200 walnuts from the "wild" a little early, as the husk was still more green than cracked ,on about 90 lay them in a tray in garden under the sun brolly! guess what a squirrel in less than 2 days had them all away! left 3 … upon opening them they were non edible! At least 1 is a daily visitor …………
    this year only saw 3 hedgehogs all on the road running along,,not squashed.. have had them in my compost heap hibernating, but not last winter it seemed. Have a small hedgehog den some old tiles and a bit of carpet you never know!

3. realred1952

well about halfway through... and the prospect is the top tier for a further 14 + days thanks to those twats that didn't respect the humans around them … still granddaughter is happy bought her mum a silver infinity ring, [ she paid got it for on internet ] also found a £5 off voucher for BF well pleased.
    watched a programme with a famous British slaver in it, Sir Francis Drake .. wonder if the hooligans will topple his statue at Plymouth! Or burn down his home at Buckland?

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I'm building a model of RMS Titanic but I might be wasting my time because apparently it sinks. Ah well there you go.

Angelicnumber16 and remembergou like this.
  6. realred1952

YEA BUT ONLY IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC !

7. remembergou

remembergou Active Member

Took a moment, but got it! :emoticon-0138-think

8. realred1952

some of the humour is a bit dry … and tenous